S1 E9: Dragonfruit Soda

Davis: Let's recapping!

Samantha: ...That makes me wanna cringe so bad...

Davis: All that aside we tried to search for more fullbottles that may have been lying around campus.

Samantha: And Jack and Christine kicked our butts... Again...

Davis: I swear I will get a one up on those two!

Samantha: Hopefully we can get that one up soon. Tune in this episode to see what's cooking in Connor's mobile lab!

[Cue Intro]

(Setting is college campus.  Blood Stalk is thrashing Davis and Samantha around like toys)

Blood Stalk: Oh this is child's play! Why am I even wasting my time on you guys?

Samantha: GAH!

(Samantha and Davis are forced out of their transformations while Blood Stalk untransforms normally)

Jack: Come back when you're stronger. You're not worth my time.

Samantha: Grrr! I'll get you yet!

(Much to Samantha's chagrin her whole lower body refuses to move and Davis has been completely knocked unconscious. The whole scene turns out to be a memory and Samantha and Davis are actually with Connor in the team build HQ)

Samantha: That was really humiliating!

Davis: Well, I'm hoping that whatever Connor concocts can help us out.

Connor: Well the first thing I have isn't really something I concocted. I found this.

(Connor reveals a strange dragon that flies around as soon as he tosses it up)

Davis: What is that?

Connor: This is the cross-z dragon. Should allow you to access a more powerful form.

Davis: This should be interesting.

(Davis goes to grab the dragon but it flies out of his grasp)

Davis: Ah-hey!

Connor: You have to tame it first if you're going to use it.

Davis: I see...

Samantha: What about me?

Connor: Can I see your rabbit and tank bottles?

(Samantha hands those over and Connor leads her to a strange contraption that he has built out of various pipes and other mechanisms fit for a chemistry lab)

Samantha: What's this?

Connor: The key to enhancing your power. I'm going to slot these two bottles in here...

(Connor slots the fullbottles into one slot before placing what appears to be a very wide soda can in the other)

Connor: And now I'm going to do this!

(Connor flips a switch and the bottles release fluid, reacting until they reach the soda can where it suddenly becomes alight with red and blue light)

Samantha: Cool!

(When the process is completed, Connor hands the soda can to Samantha. She shakes it to test for any content before popping the tab open)

Davis: Ooh what's that?

(Davis looks at the soda can before looking at Samantha)

Davis: Is that some sort of drink?

Samantha: No you doofus. This is what I'm going to be using to transform. Have you tamed the dragon yet?

Davis: I think so. Come!

(The dragon comes to rest on Davis' shoulder like a parrot)

Connor: You can only use the dragon bottle with that for obvious reasons.

Davis: Thanks captain obvious.

Connor: Alright, I think you two are set.

(With that the group heads out of the empty classroom, but then Samantha slows her pace down, something the guys notice)

Davis: Is something the matter?

Samantha: It's... It's about Jack.

Davis: Was it from when you covered Jack in diamond shrapnel? I know, we were a little humored as well.

(Flashback to when Samantha pelted Jack with diamond shrapnel and fast forwarded to picking them all out of his body)

Samantha: No, it's not that... It's like...

Connor: Like what?

Samantha: Like I forgot that it was still Jack underneath that helmet...

Davis: Oh now's the time you get emotional?

Samantha: As a matter of fact it is. Don't you get it?

Davis: What don't I get about Jack? THE BLOOD STALK? The very person we have to destroy?

Samantha: How are you going to say that about Jack? Forget Blood Stalk? Would you really go and destroy Jack outright?

Davis: Are you sure you're not trying to kiss his ass so he'll target me over you?

Samantha: Ew no. Still when I sparred with Jack, even before Blood Stalk started appearing, he was not like this before! You might not know because you didn't get to know him that well but I did.

Davis: Oh so you're playing the childhood friend card now aren't you? Look, I don't care what you say, that is not Jack anymore. You might have known him before but he's no longer Jack. He's Blood Stalk now, and there's no changing that. If we're going to stop him from terrorizing the campus and possibly the rest of the world we have to deal with him right now. We have to destroy him before he can do anything worse. I don't care if he's your friend!

Samantha: You're heartless!

Davis: You're heartless because you don't take into consideration the countless other lives that may be taken because of him!

Connor: Oh boy...

(Connor slowly and carefully backs away as Samantha and Davis stare each other down)

Samantha: We are not going to kill Jack just because he's become this super powered being. I don't even know if we CAN kill him. Why are you so intent on killing Jack anyway?! You're being reckless here!

Davis: Well I'm not about to continue working with someone who's acting like a pansy because this super powered being is their friend.

Samantha: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE CALLING A PANSY?!

Davis: WHO DO YOU THINK?!

Samantha: If you want to go ahead and destroy Jack for the sake of justice, fine! Go ahead! I'll go my own route in trying to stop him. Just know that I will not hesitate to stop you from annihilating him, and I will do everything in my power to make sure he stays alive!

Davis: You're going to be thanking me when you realize I just saved the world from this menace!

Samantha: Well you know what? Maybe Christine was right about you being one of those dumb meathead jocks!

Davis: YOU! You are not going to get in my way again, and if you want to try and save Jack, go ahead. But just so you know, he's too far gone to be saved!

Samantha: I still believe there's the real Jack still inside of him!

Davis: You're too much... Just get out of my sight, and don't get in my way, or I won't hesitate to beat you up along with Jack.

Samantha: FINE!

(Samantha and Davis storm off, and Christine emerges from a nearby bathroom, having overheard the entire argument)

Christine: So now they're fighting huh? Jack is going to have a field day with this!

[Credits]