54

Taehyung is in his cabin trying to teach Jeongsan to stand up when there's a knock on the door.

    "Come." He calls, the door opens to reveal someone he wasn't expecting at all to ever visit him. "Hoseok, how are you?"

    "Hello, um, is this alright? That I come in?" The older asks hesitantly.

    "Yeah, yeah. Come." Taehyung says standing from the ground with Jeongsan in his arms. "Are you okay?"

    "Hm? Yeah, no I'm fine." Hoseok says quickly. "I just wanted to talk to you about something."

    "Sure, just let my put him down." The younger says placing Jeongsan back on the ground on his stomach. "I was trying to teach him how to stand up, he's so stubborn though."

    "Yeah." Hoseok chuckles. "He'll get it eventually."

Taehyung chuckles, standing up. "We can sit in the kitchen."

Hoseok nods, following Taehyung into a different area in the cabin.

All the cabins were built in a strange way, the front door entering into the bedroom instead of the living space.

They were like that when they discovered the abandoned village and they never knew the history behind it.

    "It seems like I never see you around, Hoseok." Taehyung says, trying to fill the silence as they sit at the table.

    "I like to keep to myself." The older says honestly. "I'm a gatherer for Hyoyeon and the kitchen."

    "Oh, that's right. Is that working out for you?" The younger asks with a smile.

    "Yeah everything's fine." Hoseok says. "I actually wanted to ask you something."

    "Go ahead." Taehyung nods letting the other continue.

    "Well I was thinking about how this commune started as sort of a safe haven for vampire-werewolf mates and it made me wonder how you'd feel about opening the village to lone omegas without packs to protect them." The older says. "There are omegas dying everyday because they are abandoned by their packs and they don't have mates to protect them."

    "Hoseok, I think that's an amazing idea." Taehyung smiles. "I'd have to run it by the council but I don't see why they'd be against it."

    "Really?" Hoseok asks. "You'd really consider it?"

    "Of course, we should be welcoming to anyone in search of a safe place to call their home, not just abnormal mates." The younger says. "I'm glad you came to me with this. I'll get back to you about it after I run it by the council, okay?"

"Okay, thank you. Even if they don't like the idea thank you for considering it." Hoseok says as he starts to stand. "I'll get going now."

"Okay. I'll get back to you as soon as I can." Taehyung promises once more as he walks Hoseok out.

As he's leaving Jeongguk is approaching the cabin.

"Hey, Hobi." The younger greets him with a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." The older says stopping in front of him. "Why are you here?"

"To see Taehyung." Jeongguk answers honestly. "Your turn."

"Since when are you aloud to see him?" Hoseok asks, his words are hostile but curious instead.

"Well, the mate bond is trying to restore itself." The younger says putting his hands in the pocket of the black hoodie he was wearing.