14

"So even though we're different species my rut will affect him? Every time?"

"I'm afraid so."

Jeongguk sighs, running his fingers through his hair.

Hyoyeon and Taehyung both noticed that the young alpha was stressed out for some reason and he reeked of distress.

Taehyung wanted to ask him what was wrong but he figured it was a question for another time.

"Jeongguk, your wolf is becoming weak. Your rut is being triggered naturally by your mate to finish the mating process by marking." Hyoyeon explains. "Your wolf if desperate to be claimed, but because Taehyung can't actually claim you until he's 18 you must mark him to tame your wolf."

Jeongguk nods, mentally adding this to one of the many things he had to take care of.

"Do you understand, Taehyung?" Hyoyeon asks the boy.

Taehyung nods. "I understand."

"I'll give you two a minute to talk." Hyoyeon says, sensing Taehyung's worry.

She stands and gathers somethings before leaving them alone.

Taehyung turns to Jeongguk slightly, the alpha stares ahead without meeting his eyes.

Taehyung takes Jeongguk's face in his hands and makes the older boy face him.

He leans in and kisses Jeongguk, the true blood's shoulders visibly relax as he kisses back.

Jeongguk breaks the kiss and pulls Taehyung into a hug, burying his face in the crook of his neck and taking in his scent.

"What's wrong, Jeongguk?" Taehyung asks, stroking the young alpha's hair.

"My father knows." He says. "Namjoon told him."

Taehyung stills, panic rising in his chest. "What?"

"He knows." Jeongguk repeats, sitting up and looking Taehyung in the eye. "Namjoon tried to keep it a secret, but my father demanded him to tell the truth."

Taehyung nods, still stroking Jeongguk's hair to try and soothe him.

"Namjoon was banished from the square and now lives amongst the beggars. He's practically a rogue because of me." The true blood says, the dark circles under his eyes more evident now. "I know I didn't act like it, but he was one of my best friends. One of my only friends. And I got him thrown to the beggars. He's homeless, he's probably starving."

"I'm sorry, Jeongguk." Taehyung says, genuine sympathy laced throughout his voice.

Jeongguk shakes his head. "And you were in pain because of me. Everything is my fault."

"Don't say that, Jeongguk. It's not." Taehyung says. "I'm fine, and we'll figure something out about Namjoon."

"We'll?" The true blood asks looking up at his mate.

Taehyung smiles. "Well, if he's basically a rogue does his presence get accounted for in the pack?"

"No." Jeongguk frowns. "No one cares about the beggars or the thieves."

"Then he can come here and work for me." Taehyung says. "Jin-hyung could use some help around the castle."

"You'd do that?" Jungkook asks. "For me? F-For Namjoon?"

The vampire nods. "Of course. I can tell you care about him a lot."

Jeongguk sighs, some of the weight lifting from his chest. "It'd mean so much."