35

Survival.

It's a selfish thing, survival is.

The literal definition of survival is the state or act of continuing to live or exist, typically in spite of an accident, ordeal, or difficult circumstances.

Whether the accident, ordeal, or difficult circumstance involves a person you love or an innocent child, survival is the state of continuing to exist in spite of it all.

What happens when it's no longer yourself that you want to survive, but someone else?

It becomes a selfless thing, survival does.

It becomes they before I, them before me.

They say you should prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

But what happens when you spend so much time preparing that you lose all your hope?

There has to be some type of willingness to want to survive, to want to overcome.

But when there's no willingness, no hope, how can you make a person want to survive?

Simple, you can't.

You can't make them want to survive, but in the end, their survival is what everyone is fighting for.

So even if they aren't fighting, you have to.

Which was what they were all doing right now.

Fighting the unwillingness of the vampire prince of the Morado Clan.

Fighting for him and against his stubbornness.

Namjoon didn't take the time to feel bad as he handed Taehyung's unconscious body over to Lisa, he knew he was safer where she was taking him.

    "Are you sure I shouldn't stay and fight? Chaeyoung can escort him on her own." Lisa says as her mate carries Taehyung effortlessly.

"I already told you, Lisa. We have a plan. Stick to the plan." Namjoon says sternly. "I want you and Chae with him at all times."

"We got it." Chaeyoung says for Lisa who stubbornly doesn't respond. "It's going to work."

"There's a possibility it won't~"

"And if it doesn't the three of you will be safe. With the rest of your community." Namjoon says. "You know what to do if something happens to us."

"How am I supposed to just walk away like this? Leaving you guys here outnumbered?" Lisa stresses, her voice shaking in frustration. "Taehyung is the only one of any of us that can fight him. You know that."

"We're not outnumbered. Along with us and the volunteers we should be equal." The other werewolf says. "You have your mate and your leader. You know what to do. You know what to tell him if we don't get to you before he wakes."

"We're running out of time, Lisa." Chaeyoung says. "We must go now."

Lisa looks Namjoon in the eyes for a few more intense moments, hoping that he reads her expression, before turning around to leave.

"We'll come back alive." Namjoon says making her stop. "I promise."

"We don't break promises, Namjoon." The girl says. "I hope you don't break yours."

Namjoon watches them continue out of the hideout until they are out of sight.

"Namjoon." Jin says walking up to the other. "Have you heard anything else from Hoseok?"