45

The four of them are placed in a cabin for the night, courtesy of Sato and his Luna.

The cabin is nice, it's simple like that cabins in their village, and there are two beds on either sides of the room.

    "We'll take this one." Namjoon says ushering Jeongguk to the right side of the room.

    "Tae, you can take this one. I'm going to hunt." Jin says doing the same to Taehyung.

    "I'll go with you." The younger says to which Jin says no to expectantly.

    "You rest. We'll continue on to our next destination tomorrow." The older says. "Don't wait up."

Taehyung nods, his eyes drifting to Jeongguk momentarily before dropping to his hands.

    "I'm gonna be right outside, guys." Namjoon says as he follows Jin out.

    "Will you just go." Jeongguk huffs as he lays back on the bed. "Everything's fine."

Namjoon smiles a little. "Fine, fine."

The two of them leave the cabin, silence settling between Taehyung and Jeongguk.

Taehyung tries to distract himself from the silence by reading one of the books he brought with him but it's almost impossible.

He can't help the way his eyes shift towards Jeongguk every now and then or the way he can't seem to stop the urge to strike up a conversation.

    "What're you reading?"

Taehyung's heart leaps in his chest, making him flinch a little at the sound of Jeongguk's voice.

    "Sorry." The older apologizes quickly. "Did I scare you?"

    "Oh, no. I'm just jumpy." Taehyung says with a short laugh.

    "Why?" Jeongguk asks, something in his tone actually sounding concerned.

Taehyung falls silent in shock for a moment before speaking again. "It's called 'Ultime lettere di Jacopo Ortis.'"

Jeongguk nods with a lost expression. "Is that English?"

    "No. It's Italian." The younger says. "It's a collection of letters sent from this guy named Jacopo to his friend Lorenzo who published them after Jacopo committed suicide."

    "Wow...that's extremely depressing." The true blood says, sighing as if it's brought his mood down.

    "Well, it's not meant to be. Once you read it it's actually quite freeing." Taehyung says. "Jacopo chose the road less traveled on, suicide is meant to be a choice of freedom in the book."

    "You speak Italian?" Jeongguk asks, completely disregarding what Taehyung said before.

    "No, it's been translated." The younger says, returning his eyes back to the worn pages of the book.

Silence falls again, making Taehyung wish he'd kept the conversation going.

    "I could lend it to you if you want to read it for yourself." He says glancing over at the older quickly before returning his eyes to his book.

    "Oh, no thanks. I hate reading." Jungkook says turning over on his side, his back facing Taehyung.

The younger smiles a little at his comment, of course he hates reading.

Namjoon and Jin return together, nervously looking between the two youngest.

Taehyung shoots them a small smile to let them know that everything was fine.