24

Taehyung is sitting against his headboard when he hears someone approaching his door. He sits up straighter as the door opens, worry washing over him.

He deflates when he sees it's Yoongi, his tired eyes wondering back over to the small escape door to his right.

    "Kitten, have you been up all night?" The older asks when he notices that Taehyung was wearing the same clothes and his bed was still made.

Taehyung sighs. "I'm worried about him."

Yoongi nods as he places Taehyung's feeding glass on his bedside table.

    "Seokjin is fine." The older vampire says as he sits down on the edge of the bed. "He's been dealing with mutts for centuries."

Taehyung almost laughs a little. "Yeah. I guess so."

    "Why don't we talk? Get your mind off of things." Yoongi says. "It's like I never see you anymore."

Taehyung smiles and nods softly. "Okay."

Yoongi moves so that he is sitting next to Taehyung against the headboard of his bed. "What do you want to talk about, kitten?"

Taehyung sighs, thinking for a moment about what he wants to talk about. "War."

    "War?" Yoongi repeats.

    "I want you to tell me about the war." The younger clarifies. "The one you were in."

Yoongi sighs thinking back to that time over a hundred years ago.

    "I had just been changed when it started. Still learning how to...be a vampire I guess." The older vampire says, eyebrows drawing together as he revisits the past. "This war, it was different. Vampires and werewolves were fighting alongside humans for the first time in history. The human race was completely oblivious aside from those who fought."

Taehyung always loved hearing Yoongi talk about his time in the war. The anger behind the older's words and the sadness making him realize that Yoongi was once just an average person.

    "We fled our homes and hid the children, trying to keep them away from...the vampires." Yoongi says. "We fled to a town. A small town not too far away from here. There weren't many people but the people that were there, they took us in. And even though they knew what some of us were, they welcomed us."

    "Jin-hyung." Taehyung says, this was his favorite part of the story.

Yoongi smiles sadly. "Yeah...Jin-hyung and his family lived there."

Taehyung looks at Yoongi intently as he listens, never being able to decipher his tone when he told this part of the story, making it feel like an unsolved mystery.

    "Jin-hyung wasn't always so strict and serious all of the time." Yoongi says. "He used to be carefree and funny. He had an amazing personality, still does I believe. He had huge plans for the future, he was studying to be a doctor. Did you know that, kitten?"

Taehyung shakes his head, staying silent for the story to continue.

    "He was a good person..." Yoongi trails off slightly before picking up again. "The war went on for a few more years before it died down and an armistice was issued. Jin and I met after the end of the war and we were hired to work for the royals. That was long before you, even before your parents. But soon, another war broke. This time there were no humans involved. Vampires turned on vampires, werewolves turned on werewolves. Do you know why, kitten?"