39

"Get up, Taehyung. Now."

"Leave me alone."

"I'm done leaving you alone. Get up!"

Taehyung sighs, not making any effort to move out of his bed.

Jin huffs, crossing his arms as he looks at the younger's back. "Now, Taehyung."

"Just leave me, hyung." The younger says again, his voice still monotone. "Leave me, please,"

"You can't waste anymore time laying around, Taehyung. I've tried giving you time but it's been long enough. It's been three weeks. Three! Your child is almost a month old now and you haven't even tried to hold him. Are you listening to me?"

"Get out, Seokjin." Taehyung says, his tone angry.

"No. You get up." Jin says again, walking over to the baby's cradle and lifting the newborn into his arms. "Your son needs a name. And he needs you to be there for him like you should be."

Taehyung shakes his head when the baby starts to fuss. "Hyung."

Seokjin sits down on the edge of the bed. "Hold him, Tae. Please. You have to try."

"I can't." The younger says, tears welling in his eyes. "I just can't."

"Why can't you?" The older asks, his voice gentle now.

Taehyung sighs, wiping his face as more tears fall. "It's just...it's just hard. I don't know why."

"Can you hold him? Please?" Seokjin asks. "He needs you, Tae."

The younger hesitates for a moment before pushing himself up, his body is weak from not properly nursing himself back to health after the birth and it feels like there's lead running through his veins.

When he's up all the way he sits back again the wall behind his bed.

He flinches away a little when Seokjin starts to hand him the baby.

"It's okay." The older reassures him before gently lying the newborn in his arms.

Taehyung's hands shake violently as he holds the baby, he doesn't know why he's so scared.

"You don't have to be scared." Jin says, adjusting Taehyung's arms so that he is supporting the baby's head. "He's okay. You're okay, I promise."

Taehyung sighs, trying to relax as he cradles his child, really looking at him for the first time since he's been born.

A pain shoots through his chest when he sees the baby's big eyes looking up at him, so dark they seem pitch black.

There's only one person he knows with eyes like that, so dark they seem never ending.

"He looks like him." Taehyung whispers, bringing one hand up and running a finger over the baby's cheek. "Jeongguk."

Jin smiles sadly at them, happy that Taehyung was finally holding the newborn.

Taehyung holds the baby closer to his face, almost as if he's going to kiss him.

"Jeongsan." He whispers, it's low and almost inaudible but Seokjin hears it.

"Hm?" He hums after he hears the name, watching Taehyung gently brush his nose agains his baby's.