"Please help me" you begged and Geralt looked at you sadly. He took off his jacket and wrapped it around the small girl and picked her up.

"You're safe now. I've got you" Geralt said and she curled up in his arms. Your hair was matted and you were covered in mud. You had big blue eyes and seemed to feel comfortable with Geralt. He carried you out and saw Jaskier hanging off his horse asleep.

"Jaskier. Wake up you baboon" Geralt said, placing the girl on his horse and shaking Jaskier. Jaskier sat up and looked around and noticed the young girl on Geralts horse.

"Uh, Geralt?"

"Give me your jacket Jaskier," Geralt said, holding out his hand. Jaskier removed his jacket and handed it to Geralt looking very confused. Geralt passed Jaskiers jacket to the young girl as he climbed up on Roach behind her.

"Geralt. Want to explain?" Jaskier said as they rode side by side.

"They hired me to kill the child. There haven't been any other werewolves in there for ages. This child has been the only one in there and they hired me to kill the child" Geralt said, looking at Jaskier.

Jaskier looked at Geralt and the little girl and then back at Geralt.

They rode back into the nearby town and Geralt carried you into the inn and sent Jaskier to get some clothing. Geralt starting to run a bath. You had to be around 4/5. You knew how to talk and walk and had been taught but had been on your own for a while. Clearly abandoned just like the fort.

Once Geralt had washed all the mud from your hair and ensured you were completely clean. You had black hair that comes down to your lower back.

A knock at the door made you jump and Jaskier entered. He was holding a light green dress and a green ribbon. Geralt and Jaskier left the clothes in the bathroom and let you get dry and try and get dressed, not wanting to overwhelm you. You came out with your dress and shoes on and the ribbon in your hand. Geralt braided your hair and tied it with the ribbon

"You got any family you know about?" Geralt asked and you shook your head. If there was anyone, chances were they had already been hunted down.

"You got a name?"

"Y/N"

"Well I can't leave you here on your own Y/N so you'll come with me and Jaskier and we'll keep you safe," Geralt said and you nodded.

The next day you, Geralt and Jaskier all left town and made your way from town to town. It was the first time you had ever been with people.

A couple of months later Geralt began to grow uneasy. There should be another full moon coming up. He wasn't even sure if you were the same child werewolf he had seen or if you were even a werewolf. He'd planned for you all to stay in the woods that night, away from people in case you were a werewolf and you couldn't control it.

"I haven't slept out in the woods for some time," you said as you ate your dinner. Geralt looked at Jaskier and they shared the same look. They both couldn't tell.

"Well I think it's time for bed little one. Come along now" Geralt said and you nodded. You finished your dinner, said goodnight to Jaskier and made your way to bed, Geralt right behind you to tuck you in.

"I'll see you in the morning little one. Sleep well" Geralt said. He tucked you in and kissed your forehead before retreating back to the fire where Jaskier was sitting.

"What happens if she is a werewolf Geralt? Are you going to kill her?" Jaskier asked and Geralt shook his head. You were like a daughter to him. There was no way he could kill you. And this wasn't even your fault.

"Of course not. She's innocent and none of this is her fault. I'll protect her from everyone and anyone. Hopefully, she can control it" Geralt said as he looked off into the distance. He was hoping you'd be able to control it and manage it. He didn't know what type of werewolf you were if you were one, but he was hoping you weren't one of the more bloodlust werewolves.

A few hours had passed and the moon reached its highest point in the sky. Geralt and Jaskier sat by the fire, waiting. Geralt heard you shifting around in your tent and slowly began to stand up. He slowly approached and began to pull back the door.

"Be careful Geralt" Jaskier said and Geralt rolled his eyes. He pulled it back and saw a small wolf puppy laying on the bed in your place. The fur was also black like your hair and the wolf also had bright blue eyes. He let out a sigh of relief and crouched down and held out his hand towards your wolf form to smell. He didn't want to startle you and have you run off. It would be impossible to find you till morning if you did. You slowly crept up to Geralts hand and sniffed and rubbed your head against his hand. He smiled lightly and picked you up, carrying you over to Jaskier by the fire.

"She's a wolf werewolf. She'll change into a wolf and will slowly grow up as she does. She won't hurt or harm anyone and can probably be passed off as a large dog. As she grows up, she should be able to change when she wants to but she's too young for it right now" Geralt explained as he sat down and passed you to Jaskier. You were tiny, the smallest Geralt had seen. Normally werewolves like you don't change as young as you as they normally have to trigger the change, but Geralt highly doubted you had killed anyone. You couldn't have. The only way Geralt could think that you would have triggered it was an accidental death like you accidentally chased someone and they died and it counted perhaps. It was the only logical explanation Geralt

Geralt carried you back to the tent and placed you inside. You curled up against your pillow and began to drift off to sleep. He went into his tent and slowly drifted off. He knew a couple of people that are werewolves like you that might be able to help you as you got older, but for now, he would treasure all the time with you he could get. He couldn't have children of his own, so this was the closest he could probably get for now.