Chapter 54 "Proof Of My Love"

Start from the beginning

"I DON'T KNOW!" Kenzie cried. "HE WON'T WAKE UP!"

"I'll call 911! Kenzie, stay with him!" said Alex.

"Okay!" she said.

*Alex called 911 & then Nat was rushed to the emergency room. Dr. Jonas & his staff were able to stabilize him. Dr. Jonas worried about Nat's health.*

                                                                  *Kenzie's P.O.V.*

After waiting for almost two hours, I went to see my husband Nat again. I just hope that he's okay. I don't want to lose him forever!

When I walked into Nat's room, his eyes were closed all the way. He had worn a mask over his nose & mouth to help him breathe better too. I sat down in a chair next to his bedside & held his soft pale hand. His fingers were long & felt weird, but they were still cute like they always have been. I felt really bad for Nat. He's been getting sick on & off a lot recently. I hope that he will feel better soon. I don't want to live in a world without him! Okay, I know what you're thinking. Why did I just quote something from the Fault in our Stars? Well, it was true. I didn't want to lose Nat. If he had died, I wouldn't know what else to do with myself. 

Anyways, as I was saying, I stayed with Nat for a really long time. I didn't want to leave him, but then again, it was Christmas eve. I didn't want to miss the kids waking up tomorrow morning without Nat & I there with them. While I sat in Nat's room waiting for him to respond, Dr. Jonas came in to check on him.

"Oh, hello Mrs. Wolff," he said. "I didn't know you were still here."

"I've been here for a while," I said. "Is he going to be okay?"

"Well, I don't know yet," he said. "The MRI tests haven't came back yet. Plus, I think it would be best to wait to tell both of you once Nat wakes up."

"Okay," I sighed.

Dr. Jonas left about five minutes later. I decided to take a little nap while I waited for Nat to wake up.

*Two hours later, Nat woke up. He began to cough a little. Kenzie woke up within seconds.*

"Hey babe," I whispered as I tried to comfort him.

Nat began to calm down a little bit. He was still wearing his mask. He tried to take it off.

"Nat, don't take off your mask! You need it," I said.

Nat began to mumble words. "I'm really sorry Kenz."

"It's okay baby," I said kissing his hand. "It's okay."

Nat cleared his throat. "What happened?"

"I don't know sweetie," I said. 

"Wh-Where are the kids?" he asked.

"Alex is taking care of them at home," I said. "Our children are safe with him."

Nat slowly blinked his eyes. "Oh."

"You should probably go back to sleep," I said.

"I'm not tired," he said. "I just woke up."

I got up & laid next to Nat on his bed. "If I sing to you, will you go back to sleep?"

He looked up at me. "Maybe." he said. "It depends on which song."

"Okay," I said. 

Nat yawned, resting his head on my shoulder. I didn't even begin singing & he had already fallen back to sleep.