Slayer *Muffy*

Warning: Sad

Buffy had just gotten the call.

It had been four years since she and Marty had a moment at Andi's party.

After that they had dated for a while but eventually ended up going there own ways after graduation.

She was on a flight from LA back to Utah to see Marty.

Marty who had been diagnosed with cancer.

Marty's parents opened the door when Buffy got there.

"Oh Buffy,"His mom said embracing her,"It is so amazing of you to fly out here for him."

"He's upstairs,"Marty's dad said,"He wanted to call you the second we found out."

Buffy went upstairs and knocked on Marty's door.

"Come in,"He responded.

Buffy entered and found Marty on his bed.

The same old Marty.

He hadn't changed.

"Hey Slayer,"He said.

"Hey Marty,"Buffy said.

Buffy was done with her classes which meant she had decided to spend a lot of time with Marty.

He had started treatment so he wasn't feeling that great all the time.

"Buffy,"Marty's mom said pulling her aside while they were out with Marty,"I know Marty doesn't want you to know but he's losing his hair due to the Chemo."

When they got back to Marty's house Buffy pulled him into the bathroom.

"What are we doing Buffy,"Marty asked.

She exposed the electric shaver.

"Marty, I know you're losing your hair,"Buffy said,"So let's give you control over it."

She helped him shave his head clean.

"I-I don't even recognize myself,"He said looking into the mirror afterwards.

"You're the same you you've always been,"Buffy stated.

"Thanks Buffy,"Marty said.

The next few weeks she spent doing whatever Marty wanted to do while he went threw Chemo.

This consisted of going to basketball games and walking threw the park after getting a milkshake at the Spoon.

"I'm sorry."

Those were the words that doctor said.

"The treatment isn't working."

Marty's parents kept it together in front of them but when Buffy arrived at his house later she found them crying.

Buffy went up to Marty's room where he was sitting on his bed staring at the wall.

"Hey Marty,"Buffy said sitting down on the bed.

"I'm causing alot of pain to the people who care about me,"Marty said.

"That is not your fault,"Buffy said.

"I know but I think it would be better if I was out of their lives soon so that it wouldn't hurt or coat so much money anymore,"Marty said.

"Don't say that Marty,"Buffy said,"The doctors are going to try some other treatments."

"I have some rare type of cancer that they've only had cases of a couple of times. They haven't been able to cure it,"Marty said.

Marty was getting sicker and sicker.

Buffy hated that she couldn't do anything.

She had tried to act normal around Marty for so long.

She knew he hated the pity he got from people whenever they went out.

And he hated hearing his parents stay up late crying.

"Marty,"Buffy said looking at him asleep in the hospital bed.

"Are you sure their isn't anything else you can do,"Marty's mom choked out.

"I'm sorry,"The doctor said,"We've tried everything. The medicine we've been giving him is killing the cancer but it's also killing a lot of cells needed for survival."

"What if he stopped taking the medicine,"Buffy asked.

"The cancer would keep growing,"The doctor said,"I'm sorry to tell you this but I suggest you make every moment count."

Buffy went into the room before Marty's parents would.

"Hey Slayer,"Marty said struggling to sit up and scoot over.

Buffy sat on the side of the bed.

"What am I going to do without anyone calling me that,"Buffy asked.

"I'm sure you'll live,"Marty said.

Buffy lifted her hand up to carefully stroke Marty's face.

"Do you remember what it was like when we first met,"Buffy asked.

"Yeah,"Marty said,"We were really competitive."

"Yeah,"Buffy agreed.

"What if we had one last competition,"Marty suggested.

"What did you have in mind,"Buffy asked.

"Which one of us cries first,"Marty said tears forming in his eyes.

Buffy hugged Marty close to her.

"Please take care of my parents okay,"Marty choked.

"Of course,"Buffy said.

Before she left the room she turned to look at Marty.

"See you later Slayer."

"After a while Marty from the Party."