Heartbeat *Tyrus*

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

The heart monitor was the only sound in the room.

The beeping didn't speed up or slow down, it stayed steady.

Cyrus was trying not to have a full blown breakdown like he had when Amber had first called him.

Now the two of them comforted each other in the silence of the hospital room.

Every so often a nurse would come in, check the heart monitor, and then leave again.

Amber had cried herself out of tears and was now silent and focusing on breathing.

Cyrus knew that if he started crying again then so would Amber, so he had to be strong.

His gaze moved to the hospital bed next to them.

TJ had a cast on his leg, his arm; and his head and ribs were wrapped up.

He looked to TJ's face which was calm, his eyes closed, the color drained from his face.

It didn't look like TJ at all.

It didn't look like the smiling goofball Cyrus knew that he was on the inside.

And it didn't look like the toughest most caring person he had ever met.

It looked like another victim of a terrible accdient.

"C-Cyrus,"Amber stuttered next to him.

"Yes Amber,"Cyrus responded.

"Do-Do you think he'll be okay,"Amber asked, reaching out to squeeze TJ's unbroken, but limp, hand.

"Yes Amber, I do. He is the toughest person I've ever met,"Cyrus yes said,"And the doctors said that the small surgery they did went fine and that he'll wake up soon."

Amber nodded, resting her head on Cyrus' shoulder.

"He's the only one I can talk to Cyrus. I can't lose him,"Amber said.

"I promise you won't,"Cyrus said.

The room was silent except for the beeping of the heart monitor.

"Amber,"Cyrus said.

"Yeah Cyrus,"Amber said.

"I'm gay,"Cyrus said.

Amber lifted her head up and met Cyrus's gaze.

"I know it's really weird telling you right now with everything going on but I just couldn't wait anymore,"Cyrus said.

"Why didn't you tell me before,"Amber asked,"Does anybody else know?"

"Buffy, Andi, and Jonah,"Cyrus said,"I was scared Amber."

"Scared of what Cyrus, me not accepting you,"Amber asked,"I'm a lesbian."

"Not that,"Cyrus said.

"Then what,"Amber asked.

"I was scared that you would tell TJ,"Cyrus said.

"Why would you be scared of me telling TJ. You know that I'm out to him and he accepts me,"Amber said.

"I know Amber,"Cyrus scared,"But you tell him everything and I wasn't and am still not ready for him to know."

"Cyrus, if you told me to keep it a secret I would've, even if it was from TJ,"Amber said.