Chapter 43

" What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? "

- James 4:1 (ESV)

(TWENTY FOUR YEARS AGO: YURI GAGARIN COSMONAUT TRAINING CENTER, STAR CITY, MOSCOW, RUSSIA)

" What the hell are you talking about, Larry?! " his semi-balded brother glared and heatedly asked him while putting aside his coffee mug on the table. " You're gonna take that boy to France?! Do you know how dangerous to get there?! "

" Terry, if you're going to listen to me, Svet needs to see the Kree Eternal on his own! He has to get there for Earth's sakes, even the odds are. So, that's why we have to work together! " Larry raised his voice and pleaded. " Please, you have to listen to me! We can navigate him! "

Terry Bradford sternly glared at his bearded brother and crossed his arms. Larry nervously gulped and then sighed. He felt like being cornered by his brother's angry looks. He remembered what his Kree-Lizard friend had told of reconciling with Terry, but this time the conflict was getting worse than before.

Just outside, the hybrid boy overheard the argument and saw the two men from the room. He was astonished to see and hear the tensions between the two.

" NO! WE CAN'T DO THAT! " Terry stressed his words and angrily pounded the table. " WE ARE ASSIGNED HERE TO UPGRADE THE COMPUTER SYSTEMS FOR SECURITY AND SPACE PROGRAM PURPOSES, NOT HELPING THAT SCP-682 CLONE! WE ARE BEING PAID! THAT BOY IS NOTHING, BUT A HINDRANCE! "

The boy heard the harsh words of the former CIA Agent and began to widen and water his eyes. Larry and his brother looked at him. He was trembling and running away.

" Svet! " Larry called the boy's nickname and felt sorry for him. Then, he turned to his brother and calmly replied. " You know, I'm not the only who has been bullied here, even HIM! "

" Larry, but he's a monster! "

" You're the real monster, Terry! You're not even aware, you're causing the trouble to all of us! "

" Larry...I'm...."

" I'm trying to forgive you, Terry, but you're getting the worst, " his bearded brother sadly sighed and instantly left the room. Terry remained silent and sat down on his chair.

Outside the training room, the boy covered his weeping face on his knees and sat near the tree. The words from Terry Bradford made him even more demotivated. It was true that the memories of the indestructible lizard has been haunting him for years, but he tried to cope up and adapt himself to humanity by making friends, learning and doing new things, and travelling all the way to Russia, but it seemed that his experiences from some people being stereotyped him as the murderer made him more conflicted and depressed. He had carried the pain by those nightmares.

With the help of his friends, he slowly began to realize and discover of his true identity and gradually breaking the bondage of 682. Something was missing to him, a true family to belong and care with. Upon seeing the families of other people, he was longing to have a normal and complete family life. The Kree-Lizard boy wanted to experience how was it to be loved.

Sitting beside him, his girlfriend Shadra noticed him crying and gently rubbed his shoulders. She got curious of why he was feeling that way.

" Svet? " she asked with a concern. " Are you all right? "

" No..." he faintly spoke and rubbed his eyes. " I don't feel so good. "

" Did you have nightmares again? "