Chapter 11

" If you go looking for a friend, you're going to find they're very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere. "

– Zig Ziglar -

(Two Days Later: Los Angeles, California)

The cold Pacific Ocean breeze met the city's seafront and visited the night-goers. The Kree-Lizard Hybrid boy spent wandering around the alley which he was wearing a grey hooded tunic which Skoúro gave him on his departure. He was looking for something to eat in the garbage which he found some leftover and rotten food. The boy's stomach was loudly grumbling, but he felt disgusted at what he discovered.

" This is really bad for my appetite, but I have no choice, "
he thought and ingested his meal from the dump. He chewed and grimaced when he became discontented to what he ate. He was about to vomit when he heard a loud slump on the ground.

" Hello? " the hybrid boy raised his voice and started walking. " Is anybody here? Hello? "

Was it from the people of the MTF who were hunting him or anyone else? The boy felt such apprehension which he thought of being caught by them. He slowly turned around and saw a long haired and bearded blond man wearing a rusty brown coat, a purple scarf, and a red spandex suit with dark trimmings. It had a dirty yellow star on his chest. The man was sitting on the ground and loudly laughing to surprise him. He was holding a bottle of champagne and gulping some of it.

" What are you doing here? Who are you? Are you the ones who try to hunt and kill me?! " he asked and felt apprehensive.

" Do you think I can do those things to you, huh?! " the drunk homeless man replied and kept laughing. " Come on! I'm tired of those fighting and chasing bad guys all over the cosmos! "

" Why do you say that? "

" Long story, my friend, " the man answered and grinned. " Honestly, I'm not from this planet, but I like living here for good as a homeless bum on the streets! "

" Where are you from? "

" Planet Hala, Pama system, Large Magellanic Cloud. It's far out, isn't it? I'm from the freaking Kree race for crying out loud! You know about the blue or pink guys who look like Earth humans except that they're more different in some ways. "

The hybrid was too clueless to hear and scratched his head. The pink Kree man gave him a hardy laugh and drank more.

" You poor soul, you don't have any idea, do you? "

" I-I don't know anything, sir, " the lizard boy shakingly spoke. " I just escaped from the MTF Containment when someone helped me. "

" Excuse me? What did you just say? Containment? "

" Y-Yes..."

The Kree man intently looked at his humanoid green eyes and the blue scar on his left side of his face. The hybrid's facial features were different from the real 682. The homeless man used his Kree Cosmic Awareness which he sensed loneliness and terrible memories from the boy.

" Oh, I see. You're a very problematic one, aren't ya? "

" How did you know? "

" Look, boy, " the pink Kree explained. " First of, you don't really sound like the murderous lizard which I heard such Earth Urban Legends about him. You may have some bad images and visions from him running in your head which you wanna get them off. Secondly, you have quite resemblance with my greatest granduncle from your handsome gloomy face and your eyes. "

" Who? "

" Eh, that's gonna be a long and an astonishing story to tell. Thirdly, you're not some damn Skrull wandering around in the universe. Man, I hated serving the freakin' Kree-Skrull war. Finally, where on Hala did you get blue blood in your system? "

" I really don't have a clue. "

" So, those guys who locked you up never gave you any information about yourself, your family, or anything? "

" No..."

" Damn, Earthlings, " the alien homeless man angrily muttered and turned to the lizard boy. " I guess it's you and me living and wandering around the streets. "

" So, we're street beggars, now. "

" Exactly and I'm loving it! "

" Why did you say so? Do you have a previous life? "

" Look, I don't wanna talk about my past. I wanna spend my freakin' damn life on Earth as a homeless man. I'm sick of being a Kree hero saving people all over. Carol took my title as Captain Marvel after that accident. "

" Carol? Who is she? "

" She's my biggest crush here on Earth who happened to be a half-Kree! Nah, nevermind! " he sighed and snapped his fingers. " Damn, how rude of me! I forgot to mention about my name! I'm Mar-Vell and you must be? "

" The MTF people call me 682, but I don't have a name. "

" Okay, Boy. Welcome to the Life of Poor and Unknown, where you are now a fully-pledge wandering street beggar until death comes! " he loudly laughed and drank again. " By the way, you have achieved Level 1 in scavenging for a hearty meal! Congratulations! I'm so proud of ya! "

" Uh...yeah, " the lizard boy wryly smiled and scratched his head. " That's much better than being beaten up and experimented inside the containment cell. "

" But as a fully pledge streetrat like me, you promise not to hurt anyone else, Okay? "

" Okay, but what should I do to live like you? "

" Professor Mar-Vell's Street Begging 101: All you have to do is to be consistent in begging for food, money, or anything from the person around you. Present yourself as a hopeless one dying on the streets. Be discrete and don't show up yourself. People may suspect you as 682, " Mar-Vell explained. " Understood? "

" Yes, sir, but are there any other options aside from begging? "

Mar-Vell intently smiled and gently scratched his beard, " That's an interesting question. You can scavenge by the dumps like you have done earlier or secretly steal from anyone. "

" Stealing? " the boy nervously gulped and asked. " What is that? "

" I've understood stealing is a crime here on this planet, " he sternly answered and changed his tone. " But it's very easy to take everything without being noticed! "

" Isn't it a good one or a bad one? "

" Heh! Both, but you can get the benefits! We win some, they lose some, " Mar-Vell replied while holding his bottle. " Where did I get the fancy coat and the scarf? From the dumpsters, of course! The champagne bottle? I secretly stole it! It's you and me, my friend! We're living on the streets of planet Earth, begging for food, wine, and money, and scavenging for more treasures! "

The Kree-Lizard hybrid intently listened and got interested at the homeless Kree which he wanted to live as a street beggar and wanderer. Mar-Vell had found his new recruit as he was smiling.

" So, what do ya say, Boy? Wanna join me to this adventure? "

" Yes, I want to be a full-time street beggar like you, " he determinedly spoke.

" Good! Welcome aboard, then! We're gonna have a fun time together, just stay away from the bad guys who hunt you! Okay? "

" I will. "

Mar-Vell and his new companion remained in the alley as they were finding food in the dumpster. The Kree-Lizard hybrid smelled some, but he couldn't take the rotten scent of mixed garbage. The homeless Kree noticed him and smiled.