Chapter 30

" Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. "

- Kahlil Gibran

(Next Day: Rouen, France, 1:30 PM)

The Kree-Lizard boy went to his room after he did some chores with his mother at the kitchen. He checked on his drawers and found an unwritten journal which he flipped the pages. The hybrid took a pencil from the table. He sat on his chair, thinking of what he would write on the first page.

" I wonder what I could do on this one, " he thought and scratched his chin. Then, he snapped his fingers and tapped his pencil using his left hand. " Wait! That's it! My mother wanted to know about my memories before I met her! Yeah, this would surely work. I would let her read them, instead of telling the whole story for a long time! This is great! "

He began recalling those years which he had been in Alaska for twenty or thirty years before he reached to France. Then, he scribbled on the pages using his left hand. His words turned into few paragraphs which he spent writing from seconds to minutes. From his written memories, he continued recalling those days with Gladius's faction. Without his knowledge, an elderly half-Kree woman appeared and entered his room. The boy noticed her coming and sitting down on the chair beside him.

" Sorry to interrupt you, Kid, " she called him. " I'm curious of what you're writing about in your journal. "

" My memories on my trips before, " he instantly answered while writing. " I hope you can read them if you want to know more, mother. "

" Written memoirs! That's a good idea, Kid! " Carol snapped her fingers and happily beamed. " It seems that's a new one instead of telling them to me. Am I right? "

" Yes, I want to do something different in sharing my stories that would never take me a long time. "

" That's good. I'll wait for you to finish it. "

The Kree-Lizard boy nodded and continued writing his next page of his journal. Carol waited for him to finished it. He finished writing his first ten pages and handed it to his mother.

" There, you go, " he said. " I hope you would like it. "

" Thanks, " the elderly woman smiled and received it. " I will enjoy this one! "

" Sure! "

Carol read the pages of his journal which they were all written in English. She became more engaged in eyeing the words and comprehending her son's journey from Alaska to France. She started visualizing his memories while reading it.

(TWENTY YEARS AGO: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA)

The Kree-Lizard tensions became more heightened than ever after three decades of the rebel forces had been fighting. Gladius Fernal and the other members of the Alcan and Anchorage were struggling to continue in fighting the resources became scarce as the population of the rebel community were increasing in number of births aside from deaths and enslavement.

The hybrid boy spent working around the compound as a janitor and logistics man which all he did was to clean the place and carry the stolen cargo crates from the Kree-Lizard legion. His life became more occupied than ever in order for him to forget and ignore all the nightmares from SCP-682. Somehow, his work was helping him to recover, but there were some episodes that he was constantly crying at night or sometimes being catatonic. Thanks to his friends and fellow rebels, he tried to cope-up from the skirmish which he experienced.

Just this morning, he went mopping the floors on the hallway as he put his mop on the bucket and changed the water. The hybrid squeezed the water from it and continued wiping the floor. Then, he heard wailing from the other side of the place and paused his work. The green-haired middle aged man approached him as the Kree-Lizard held his mop.