Chapter 21

Aria POV 

He doesnt have his mask on. Oh my gosh, why didnt I see the similarities...why am I so stupid. Ray...thats his middle name. Xavier Ray Delgotto.

"Y-your Ray" I stutter as I shut his door behind me.

"Yes" He says looking down

"Jason said he killed you." I say in disbelief.

I cant believe hes standing in front of me.

"No he shot me by accident and I did pass out, but I didnt die....just like you didnt"He said looking at me, taking in my appearance.

"You didnt come see me, you had me thinking you were gone forever. You had mom thinking that."

" I know and im sorry. I had my reasons for that-"

"Oh really and what were they" I say crossing my arms

"Aria I-"

"No explain, explain why you couldnt come see me, why you allowed me to believe you were dead only to take my boyfriend, friends , and me hostage and not to mention two innocent little kids."

"Im trying to protect you and take you out of this type of world-"

"Your trying to protect me yet your the very reason that I keep getting sucked back into it. You havent helped me dad you just made everything worse." I snap

"Aria I needed revenge. I know Jason shot me by accident but seeing the way he hurt you made me want to hurt him-"

"You've been watching me?!" I unfold my arms and glare at him

"Yes" He says looking down

"You arent the same man ive lived with, who raised me. You've been a fake my whole life. I cant believe I wasted my time crying over you. You werent worth it, and you still arent." 

"Aria-"

"Where are they...where are the kids" I say putting my hand on his desk.

"I cant tell you. Trust me this is doing good for you ok. Im protecting you and Brice and Alexandra-"

"YOUR NOT DOING SHIT FOR US SO FUCK OFF" I snap. Im tired of the bullshit he's feeding me.

"I will ask again, where are they." I snap

My dad...I mean Ray just shakes his head...Im done.

I grab the knife off of his desk and stab him in the side over the desk as he shrieks in pain. I work fast as I rotate his computer and search for the kids on the camera. They're only two rooms over. My dad grabs me by the hair and slams my head against the desk; making everything fall. I grab for the knife but he takes it and slices my cheek. I knee him as I grab for the knife again and stab his hand. I take my chance and run out of his room and down the two doors and into the other room. 

Kenya is sitting in a corner shivering with Kai in her lap. I run over to them and Kenya's face floods with relief.

"Auntie Im scared" Kenya says crying

"Dont worry, Im gonna get you guys out of here." I say just as the doors open.

I look and its Cameron.

"Where is the rest of the gang?" I ask urgently

"Out in a van in the back that Khalil took from one of the guards he shot. Brice, Alexandra, and I split up to find the kids and Jason and Angelo are taking some of the men out." Cameron quickly explains

"Quickly get them out of here" I order and she nods holding Kai in her arms and taking Kenyas hand. 

Just as we are about to go out the door, some men come rushing down the hall. I quickly shut the door and lock it. I block it with some chairs and then look back at Cameron before looking up at a window on the wall.

"Quickly lets go" I say as I put a chair under the window. 

Cameron climbs out through the window before I pass her Kai and then Kenya.

"Go go go, im gonna go find Alexandra and Brice." I order and she nods

I climb back down and take a gun from my waist pocket that I took off of Rays desk. I stand in a ready position as the door busts open and  I automatically start shooting; taking out two of the men. The third ducks and then starts shooting at me. I dodge all of the bullets as blood leaks from my cheek. I duck and roll before shooting at his leg making him collapse and then I stand over him and shoot his eye ball out. 

I run down the hall and spot Alexandra running out of a room.

"Alexandra, I found them..Cameron got them out" I say and she nods 

"We need to get out of here." Brice says approaching us. I assume she heard me.

"Where are the guys" Alexandra asks

"Right here" Jason says coming around the corner looking a bit beat up with the guys right behind him. 

Alex comes running down a hall and turns quickly and shoots at the man following him.

"We need to get out of here. The place is gonna blow up in  30 seconds." Jason says grabbing my hand and leading us out of the building.

"10 seconds" Jason mumbles trying to run faster while still holding my hand

"What about the others" Alex shouts

"I made them drive farther down the road."Jason shouts back.

"3 SECONDS" Jason shouts.

Just as we are a few feet away from the ware house, it explodes and we go flying. I land right on the side of the road and groan in pain. A van pulls up next to us and police cars sound down the street. Im pulled into the van and we drive off.

I open my eyes and I look around. The kids are safe and are being hugged by Alexandra, Brice, Khalil, and Alex. Everyones ok and thats all that matters. This was no doubt one of our hardest missions yet. I look at Brice again and this time...shes holding Jason. Hes coughing up blood and bleeding on the right side of his torso. I hastily sit up and crawl next to him. His eyes are closed and he keeps coughing; lips stained red from blood.

"Jason please stay with me." I plead

"Im fine Aria" He Whispers

He did this...he is not gonna get away with it. I know he is still alive...he's a Delgotto...he has to be.