interview #19 @RynAnderson

1 what is one Wattpad goal?

My biggest Wattpad goals right now are definitely to win a Watty, and also to be considered for Paid Stories. I think it'll add a sense of legitimacy to my story and spread it to a wider audience, which is what matters most to me at the end of the day.

 2 what is the best way to handle a bully? 

Luckily, I've never been bullied but I've had quite a few contacts with people. I'd say don't let anyone take you out of your character and turn you into someone you don't want to be. I'd also say if this bully is threatening your safety or well-being, definitely get someone in power in charge. A lot of people are afraid of 'snitching', but it's worth it if it leads to you not being bullied anymore.

3 who is your favorite celeb?

No celebrity really came to mind. I'm trying to think. I think a lot of celebrities are cool, but not enough to have a 'favorite'. I've never met them. I really respect Rihanna's... everything, though!

 4 what's your favorite holiday and why?

I  love Thanksgiving. Every year is a little different for my family, but I love few things more than food so as long as that's there I'm all set.

 5 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

My all-time favorite song is "Diplomat's Son" by Vampire Weekend. It's a masterpiece and it sounds so fun despite its message. Close second is "Life Itself" by Glass Animals.

 6 what's your favorite movie?

Probably 'Moonrise Kingdom' by Wes Anderson. He's my favorite filmmaker. I especially love MK because it's so effortlessly funny, and that movie came out at a great time in my life and during such a great time for film and music, so i associate it with a lot of good memories.

 7 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

Rick Riordan most definitely. I've been reading his books for more than half my life, so he's clearly doing something right. I think I'd ask him how he's able to write his serials- you're basically a wizard if you can write a 15-book serial and keep your readers engaged. He's got to be so organized to that.

 8 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad? 

My favorite thing about Wattpad is that it celebrates original content. In that way it's different than fanfic sites and a big part of Writeblr. I also like how there are opportunities outside of Wattpad for writers, which really encourages us to grow and use the platform to the fullest.

9 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment? 

I genuinely appreciate every vote, comment, and follow. Comments are my favorite just because I love to see how people are thinking about and engaging to my story. I try to reply to a lot of them to show my appreciation, but I try not to explain myself and let my writing do all the talking. I check my notifications so often it's ridiculous.

10 what's your schedule regarding your writing? 

I try to write at least 5 or 6 days a week. Sometimes I write a paragraph, sometimes I write 10 pages. I try not to force the amount but make sure I'm writing. When I'm not busy, I can write a chapter in a day or two, then take the next day to edit. Realistically, I typically start, finish, and edit a chapter in about 5 days.

11 what's the best way to spend a rainy day? 

I love to spend rainy days in my bed with some really good food and good movies. Usually that's when I like to watch period dramas or art films, since I can focus on them and it fits the quiet ambiance. I love rainy Fridays and Saturdays, since I have an excuse to stay in!

Request time

I'd like to promote my story, 'Of A Certain Age'. It recently got added to the Editor's Choice list, it's the only complete story on my profile so far! I'm extremely proud of this story, and right now it's my baby.

Summary: When Americans turn 20, they become immortal- but only if they can afford it. Ilana is ready for her birthday so that she can become immortal and enjoy a world where there's no need to live cautiously. When a new amendment is proposed to euthanize Americans who can't afford immortality, the entire country- and Ilana's plans for her birthday- are turned upside down forever.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/206027343-of-a-certain-age

com/story/206027343-of-a-certain-age