interview #15 @Somerlea

1 what is the best way to spend a rainy day? 

I spend rainy days writing, of course.

2 what's your favorite snack?

I love Charcuterie Board.

 3 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad? 

My favorite thing about Wattpad is connecting with my readers.

4 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

My best advice is this: Don't write what you think people want to read. Write what you love. Your honesty and enthusiasm in your writing will attract readers.

 5 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask? 

My favorite author is Stephenie Meyer. She was a stay at home mom when she wrote the Twilight series. I'd probably ask her all kinds of questions about how she plots out her books.

6 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment? 

I'm always thrilled when I receive a new vote, follower, or comment. I still remember when I received my first vote. Then one became ten. And I would be sure to thank everyone for reading. Then ten quickly became a thousand, and then turned into millions. But I still try to read comments and reply to questions whenever I can. My faithful readers have helped me with things like plot holes and inconsistencies in the story line, not to mention spelling. My readers mean everything to me. I've always said that the only reason my book series exists at all is because of the readers. Without them I am nothing.

7 what inspired you to write? 

I watched an episode of Oprah and she inspired me to write. I still remember the very day I decided to become an author. The panel of guests on her show that day included people who had all faced extreme adversity in their lives, but overcame it. At the end of the show, Oprah turned to her viewers at home and said, "If any of you have faced adversity in your lives, let my guests be the inspiration you need to show that you too can overcome adversity. If there is something you've always dreamed of doing, then do it! That's the day I became a writer.

8 how would you celebrate a publishing deal? 

I'd call my mom

9 what's your favorite holiday and why?

I like Christmas because I love snow.

 10 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist? 

All I Want For Christmas Is You, by Mariah Carey.

11 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

Kelly Clarkston. We would cook dinner together and then go shopping.

 Request time

My favorite book of mine is book 1 in the Angel of Fire series, The Breath of Immortality. Because it's different than any other young adult book.

 Because it's different than any other young adult book