81

LION'S LEGACY
81. Emptiness

 ONE YEAR LATERTHE NORTH

ONE YEAR LATER
THE NORTH

Robb was asleep in bed with Annalys. It was about dawn, but the married couple were still fast asleep. Alerie and Edric cautiously opened the door to their parent's room and entered. They exchanged a look, just before crawling into bed with their parents.

The bed was big enough for them fit between their parents. They laid down together, making sure not to wake them.

Robb frowned, feeling a bit less room in the bed than he usually did. His eyes fluttered open and he slowly turned his head, finding his son and daughter to now be in bed with them.

He smiled softly, turning on his side before extending his arm out. He wrapped his arm around his two children and his wife, just before falling back asleep.

PRESENT
THE CROWNLANDS

In the Kingswood, Lyanna ran as fast as she could, trying to outrun the Redwyne man she had come across.

With her luck, when she separated from her army to use the bathroom in peace, she came across an assassin. She ran as fast as she could, but was soon knocked to the ground.

She laid on the ground, staring up at the man who pointed a sword at her. She didn't show any fear, though, clearly not afraid of dying.

Lyanna went to grab her dagger, only to find that she neither had her dagger nor Lady's Wrath.

Feeling someone behind him, the man turned, finding Leyla to be standing before her, pointing Lady's Wrath at him. "Get away from her," She warned the man in a low, threatening tone.

"You fucking traitor," He growled, turning to glare at Leyla, "Leyton should have killed you when he had the chance."

He went to lunge for Leyla, only to get tackled to the ground by Lyanna. "No!" She shouted, climbing on top of the man.

She punched him in the face, throwing his sword to the side. The man ended up lifting his leg, kneeing Lyanna in the face. Lyanna cried out in pain, not being able to stop herself from falling backwards. He climbed on top of Lyanna and as he tried to grab his dagger, Lyanna tried to fight him off.

However, the man stopped briefly, punching Lyanna in the face before grabbing his dagger.

"Get off of her!" Leyla shouted in alarm, running toward the man with a dagger in her hand.

She ended up slashing him across the arm with the knife. However, before she could do anything else, the Redwyne man retaliated by backhanding her across the face.

She cried out, stumbling backwards and to the ground.

Lyanna growled lowly, refusing to let the man hurt her like that. While the man was distracted, she bent forward slightly, reaching for her boot. She pulled her spare dagger from it and before the man could react, she stabbed him in the neck.