70

LION'S LEGACY
70. Mama

   That day, after claiming the girl whose name was Essi, Joanna arrived at a covered courtyard with Ser Rickard, where Najo was speaking with Haggo, both of them clearly arguing about what Joanna had done

Once Joanna had entered, Najo's undivided attention went to his beloved Khaleesi.

"My love," He greeted her in Dothraki, something Ser Rickard still couldn't understand while Joanna was fluent, "Haggo says you have taken his spoils. A daughter of a man we've taken as a slave, a woman who was his to mount. Tell me the truth of this."

Joanna took a deep breath before taking a step forward, Dreamer at her side. The Dothraki weren't happy about having a direwolf in their khalasar but after Joanna had begged Najo, he allowed her, much to his bloodrider's dismay.

"Haggo speaks the truth, my love," She responded confidently, "I have claimed her today, so she cannot be mounted."

"This is the way of war," He pointed out to her in a calm tone, "All of these women are slaves now to do with as we please."

"It pleases me to keep this one safe," Joanna responded in a calm tone, "If Haggo wants to mount this one, he shall take her as a wife. If not, she is mine."

Haggo scoffed loudly at her suggestion. "Does the horse mate with the sheep?"

Joanna smirked, turning to Haggo with an amused look on her face. "The wolf feeds on both horse and sheep alike," She responded, changing the saying her sister used to say and made it her own.

Lyanna and Torra used to say, "Leave one wolf alive and the sheep were never safe."

"You are a foreigner, a wolf. You do not command me," Haggo snapped at her and Joanna was quick to retort.

"I am a Khaleesi, I do command you," She argued in a low, threatening tone, "And aye, I am a wolf. So you better watch out before the wolf's blood inside me is unleashed."

Hearing Joanna's words, Najo began to smile and laugh. "See how fierce she is? That is the wolf and lion's blood she has talking," He questioned Haggo in a proud tone, "My son will have that and the blood of the Stallion."

Najo and Joanna exchanged a look, smiling. After a moment, Najo turned to look back at Haggo, shaking his head. "I will hear no more of those, Haggo. She wants the girl, she'll have her. Find somewhere else to stick your cock."

Hearing Najo's command, Haggo wasted no time spitting on the ground before unsheathing his arakh. "A Khal who takes orders from a foreign whore is no Khal at all."

Seeing the fight that was about to occur, Ser Rickard grabbed Joanna by the arm, pulling her back.

One of Najo's bloodrider was about to intervene with what Haggo was about to do, but Najo stopped him. "I have this handled," He announced, standing up from his seat.