33

LION'S LEGACY
33. Distant

    Six months ended up passing after the spread of Winter Fever was officially over and all seemed to be well in the Seven Kingdoms

Six months ended up passing after the spread of Winter Fever was officially over and all seemed to be well in the Seven Kingdoms. Annalys and Robb were nearing the age of thirty-one. Torra, of course, was sixteen, nearing seventeen. Lyanna and Eddard were almost thirteen, Olyvar was twelve, the younger twins were nearly eight, and Rickard was six years old. Little Edric, of course, was the baby and was only eight months old.

It was morning time. Annalys and Robb laid in bed, underneath the covers. They were lying on their sides, facing each other. It was silent between them as they stared into each other's eyes. Annalys lifted her hand, placing it on Robb's cheek as she lightly stroked it. She began to smile softly, staring at him lovingly.

Robb smiled back, lifting his hand before running his fingers through her golden locks. "We most likely won't have more than another few minutes before the kids run into here," He whispered to her softly as they both began to quietly chuckle, "I love you."

"And I love you," She replied, a smile forming on her lips.

Robb smiled, leaning forward. He was on the verge of kissing Annalys when they heard little Edric beginning to cry in the nursery, clearly beginning to wake up.

They both exchanged a look, just before sitting up from the bed. Together, they walked into the nursery, finding their son settling down and no longer crying. He stirred in his sleep, lying fast asleep on his stomach.

Annalys smiled softly, looking down at the blonde-haired baby. Robb moved closer to Annalys, wrapping an arm around her before they both looked down at their youngest son.

"What do you expect he's dreaming about?" She questioned, a soft smile playing on her lips.

"Perhaps his future wife," Robb answered jokingly, beginning to smile as well, "The Princess of Dorne."

"If she becomes anything like her mother and father, I believe our son will have a happy marriage," She explained, letting out a small sigh, "That's if he does want to marry her. If he doesn't, he won't. When she is eight years old, she will be brought to court to be fostered by us. Until then, we won't know if their betrothal is official."

Robb nodded in understanding. He pressed a quick kiss to the top of Annalys' head before leaning his chest against her head. He looked down at his son, who slept so calmly. "He's so much different than the others," He admitted in a soft tone, beginning to smile at the sight of Edric, "He doesn't cry as much as Rickard used to. He isn't picky like Joanna and Torrhen. He doesn't demand to be held like Lyanna used to. Despite being such a good baby, Eddard was not even close to being as well behaved as this one," He paused, chuckling as he gestured toward the sleeping baby.

"We were lucky enough to have a well-behaved boy as our youngest child," She informed Robb, who frowned at the revelation, "Oh, if you think I'm having any more children, you're mad. I've given birth seven times. Six are still around, but we have eight altogether. I do not think I will survive giving birth to yet another child," She paused, beginning to look saddened as she thought of Myrcella and her death at the hands of childbirth, "We have more children now than there are Great Houses. Don't you think that hints at us having more than enough children?"