66

LION'S LEGACY
66. Alerie

     At the holdfast in the Riverlands, Annalys, who was in the middle of labor, screamed at the top of her lungs as two of the Reachmen dragged her into the room with a midwife following behind them

"Ah! Let go of me, you son of a whore!" She roared at them, trying to pry herself out of their grip.

Just then, Robb rushed into the room and found the men with Annalys. She looked up, both shocked and relieved to see him. He had blood covering his hands and parts of his face, as if he had just killed several men to get there.

  Robb lunged toward one of the guards and stabbed him in the neck with the dagger he held. Three more came toward him and he wasted no time fighting against them.

He wasted no time killing them, only to have more men appear. He fought most of them off before he was unarmed and pinned to the wall with a dagger to his neck.

   Robb and Annalys watched fearfully as the midwife picked up the dagger Robb had formerly used to kill the men.

  Annalys continued to scream in agony and terror as the midwife turned to address both Robb and Annalys. "You should know this brings me no joy. I promise I'll make it quick." She spoke softly before she covered Annalys' lower half with a sheet, "Let's begin, shall we?"

  Several moments later, Annalys was still in labor and the woman continued to assist Annalys in her birth as the Lannister woman screamed in agony. "One last push, My Lady!" She exclaimed in encouragement, "Push! The baby's almost here!"

Robb attempted to fight back but was unable to with so many men subduing him and pinning him down.

"No! No!" Annalys shouted pleadingly, shaking her head.

No matter how much she wanted the baby to be born to stop the pain, she also didn't want her to be born since she knew what would happen.

   "I can see the baby! Push! Gently! Gently!"

  Annalys, exhausted, fell backward after one last push led to the baby being born. "There!"

At that moment, both Annalys and Robb froze, both of them stobbing briefly once they saw their baby. Their daughter.

  One of the men assisted in cutting the umbilical cord before the woman wrapped the baby in a small blanket.

  "You have a beautiful baby daughter, my lady," The woman spoke up and both Annalys and Robb stared at her in shock, knowing what it meant, "Queen Margaery wishes to name her Alerie, after her late mother, Alerie Hightower."

Alerie.

A beautiful name but not something Annalys nor Robb would ever name their child. It was a name for someone from the Reach, something neither a Lannister nor a Stark would ever be named.