31

LION'S LEGACY
31. A Lannister Never Forgets

  Annalys and Robb were making their way through the halls of the Red Keep, on the verge of meeting with their children when Loras suddenly approached them, looking urgent as he stood alongside Brienne and Ser Steffon

Annalys and Robb were making their way through the halls of the Red Keep, on the verge of meeting with their children when Loras suddenly approached them, looking urgent as he stood alongside Brienne and Ser Steffon. "Your Grace," Brienne spoke up, causing the duo to turn to face the three knights with a concerned look on both of their faces.

"What is it?" Robb questioned, deeply concerned.

"Princess Joanna has fallen ill," Loras informed the duo, causing Annalys to quietly gasp, tears filling her eyes at the revelation.

"What?" She asked in disbelief, turning to look at Robb, "I thought you said the fever was over, that no one else has fallen ill in days."

"They haven't," Robb responded quietly, an uneasy look on his face, "I don't know how this has happened."

Annalys sighed in frustration, beginning to walk toward the three knights. "Where is she? Where's my daughter?" She desperately asked the trio, a deeply worried look on her face, "I want to see her."

"You can't, Annalys," Robb argued in a stern tone, wasting no time grabbing his wife by the waist to stop her from rushing off.

Annalys instantly whipped herself around to face him. She frowned in concern, tugging herself out of his grip. "What do you mean, I can't?" She asked him, staring at him in disbelief, "Our daughter has the fever. I need to be with her."

"You can't," Robb argued once more, much to Annalys' confusion.

Deciding to ignore him, Annalys let out a large scoff as she gave him a frustrated look. She turned to face Ser Steffon, gesturing for him to start walking. "Bring me to my daughter," She demanded in a stern tone and just as he was about to obey his queen's orders, Robb was quick to speak up.

"Surround the Queen!" He ordered in a stern tone and Annalys watched in disbelief as Ser Steffon, Loras, and Brienne obeyed Robb's orders over their queen's.

Ser Steffon gave Annalys an apologetic look, but still obeyed Robb's orders over her. He, Brienne, and Loras surrounded their queen, their hands placed on the hilts of their swords as a way to warn her not to go any further. Annalys glanced around, feeling uneasy when she found Ser Rickard nowhere in sight. He was the only knight apart of her Queensguard that she could truly trust while Edmyn, Jaime, and Edric were not there.

Annalys turned to Robb, a betrayed look on her face. "What do you think you're doing?" She questioned, trying her best to contain her anger as she glared at him.

"I cannot let you risk being around Joanna," Robb informed Annalys softly, trying his best to maintain composure as his wife gave him a look that could kill.

"She is my daughter!" Annalys shouted at Robb angrily, staring at him in utter disbelief.

"Our daughter!" Robb argued with Annalys, sending her back a furious look, "And she's not the only child we have. Our youngest is still a babe and is fed by you. I cannot risk you being around Joanna and then passing the infection to our son."