65

LION'S LEGACY
65. Trigger

 Trigger

     Since they couldn't be contained at the war camp any longer, Annalys and Robb were brought to a holdfast where one hundred guards accompanied them.

Harrenhall was under siege, which meant they could no longer stay there. Annalys was standing in the room she had been confined to with Robb. Robb was sitting on a chair in silence, drops of blood covering his face with a bruise under his eye.

He had put up quite the fight against the men in the war camp, revealing him to be just as much of a danger to others as Annalys was, if not more now.

Annalys was impressed, to say the least, but she wouldn't dare admit that.

She made her way over to Robb, a look of boredom on her face. She sat next to him, trying to contain her sadness as she began to think of Lyanna and the rest of her children.

Noticing the heartbroken expression his wife wore, Robb lifted his hand and stroked her face affectionately.

She stared up at him, an uneasy look on her face. He, too, looked uneasy as he leaned forward to kiss her. However, before his lips could touch hers, she moved away, tears beginning to fill her eyes.

He sighed but understood her reaction. He couldn't blame her after all that she had gone through, far more than he had, that was for sure.

"Margaery is a prideful woman, she'll keep us alive once we're brought to King's Landing," Robb found himself speaking up, deciding to disregard what he just happened, "Lord Leyton is only allowing us to be brought there because he believes Margaery will kill us, but she won't. She'll want to gloat on the fact that you've been captured. Lord Hightower already has what he wants. He has Lyanna and the crowns. He doesn't need us anymore."

"You must marry her, Robb," Annalys pleaded as she stood up, tears in her eyes.

Appalled, Robb scoffed and rose from her seat. "Are you mad!" He asked her disbelief, a hint of anger in her eyes, "I'd rather die than marry that bitch. She took everything from us. She may want to have me, but she will never succeed. I am yours as you are mine. Always and forever. Don't you remember that vow?"

"What's more important, Robb?" Annalys asked Robb softly, "Your love for me or the survival of our children?"

Robb remained silent, a saddened look on their face since they knew what both of their answers would be. Their children. It was the right answer, too.

"Our baby girl will be in the hands of the enemy. You must protect her. To do so you must marry Margaery. I may not die immediately after arriving at the capital, but I won't survive for long after that," She explained, trying her hardest not to cry, "You can survive. You may marry Margaery and protect our daughter from being corrupted by the enemy."