51

LION'S LEGACY
51. Survivors

    On the border between the Riverlands and the Crownlands, Lyanna rode through the woods on the horse she had stolen, Lady's Wrath in its sheath and some of her family's most prized possession hidden in the bag she carried

She slowed her horse down when she noticed a group of Tyrell bannermen sitting by a fire, boasting about what happened in King's Landing.

One of the men was standing in front of the others, imitating what Annalys sounded like right before she 'died'.

"I'm telling you, that's what she sounded like," He informed them before beginning to imitate Annalys' cries and pleas once more while the men around him laughed hysterically, "Sounded like a cow in heat, nothing like the mighty Lannister roar I was expecting out of the Great Lioness."

"Lord Florent shut her up right quick," Another one of them added in, chuckling as he spoke, "Threatened King Robb's life and she knelt."

   One of the others scoffed, shaking his head. "Annalys Lannister doesn't kneel," He complained, clearly not believing the man's story, "Even if her children's lives were threatened, she'd never kneel."

"Ask Lyonel, he was there," The man argued, pointing to another member of the group.

"I was," Lyonel responded, beginning to smirk, "I was also there for what came next. We brought the Lioness inside, along with her coward husband. We chained him up and made him watch as we all had a piece of that Lannister whore."

"I don't believe you," Another man argued, shaking his head, "You're saying you fucked the infamous Annalys Lannister?"

As the man began to explain in as much detail as could on his experience with the 'Great Lioness' was, he didn't even notice how Lyanna had appeared behind him. That was the last person any of them would wanted to hear the story.

The men stopped listening to their friend's story and instead looked at the red-haired girl who stood behind him.

The man immediately shut up and turned to see Lyanna standing behind him. "What do you want?" He asked Lyanna in annoyance, having no idea who she was.

"Mind if I keep warm?" Lyanna questioned, purposely sounding innocent and naive as she spoke to the men who had just boasted about killing her father and raping her mother.

"Fuck off, bitch," One of the men snapped at her, taking a large sip of his jug of ale.

"Well, that isn't a nice way to treat a lady," Lyanna continued to speak innocently as she shook her head in disapproval, "I'm hungry. If you give me food, I'll give you all something in return."

The men all stared at Lyanna intently, clearly getting the wrong idea. Instead, they watched as she revealed the crown she was hiding in her bag. The men's eyes widened at the sight of the crown, knowing it all too well.