22

LION'S LEGACY
22. No One

Days later, after more than six years of being in Essos, Arya was standing in the underground tunnels of the Red Keep, staring at the newest dragon skull closely

Days later, after more than six years of being in Essos, Arya was standing in the underground tunnels of the Red Keep, staring at the newest dragon skull closely. It belonged to Drogon, but Arya didn't know that.

  Arya was snapped out of being in deep thought when she heard footsteps nearby. She turned her head, only to have her eyes widen at the sight of her eldest brother Robb.

Robb immediately froze at the sight of his youngest sister, who was now nearly twenty five while he was nearly thirty. More than six years had passed since he had last seen her, but deep down, it felt longer than that.

"Do I have to call you 'My King' now?" Arya jokingly asked her brother, knowing it was different now.

Last time she had seen him, he was only king in the North. Now, he was King of the Seven Kingdoms and all of Westeros.

Robb hesitated for a moment, trying to contain his smile. "Only when people are around, but yes," He replied jokingly, earning a small smile from Arya.

  Robb began to smile as he walked toward Arya. Robb reached out and hugged his youngest sister tightly after not seeing her for so many years. "My guards are looking for you everywhere right now. They said you ran."

"I didn't run. You need better guards," She remarked, referring to the fact that none of Annalys' Queensguard were anywhere in sight when she snuck in.

Even in Braavos, where Arya had been staying, she had heard of Annalys' infamous Kingsguard. Each man was known throughout Westeros as being the best swordsmen in all of the land, many of them nearly being just as good as Annalys and Ser Edric, who were known as being the best of them all.

  "It isn't really necessary when you have eight direwolves running around," Robb responded, earning a large smile from Arya, "Grey Wind's the size of a small horse."

  "I heard Annalys has one of the most deadliest Royal Guard in hundreds of years. Podrick Payne has been changed to the position of a master-at-arms while Brienne of Tarth joined the Queensguard. That means the seven best in Westeros are guarding your family now." She explained, looking almost impressed, which caused Robb to smile proudly.

"It only just happened. Where'd you hear about it?" Robb questioned Arya, raising a brow at her.

"As I said, you need better Household guards," She replied, not wanting to tell him that the stories of Annalys and Robb's reign had traveled even as far as Essos, "It suits you, King Robb of the Seven Kingdoms. I heard Annalys left you in charge while she traveled to Casterly Rock. I'm surprised."

"She did. After all, we are equals in ruling now," Robb informed Arya, who deep down knew that even if that was true, Annalys would always be seen as the sovereign rather than Robb, but she was glad, "I hope she comes back soon, though. I remember how happy she was to see Sansa and Rickon again during their last visit. When he sees you, her heart will probably stop."