46

LION'S LEGACY
46. Flea Bottom

        That day, in his free time, Robb stood on the shores of Blackwater Bay, a few Queensguard knights standing with him as he worked on the boat he had been making for some months now out of boredom

That day, in his free time, Robb stood on the shores of Blackwater Bay, a few Queensguard knights standing with him as he worked on the boat he had been making for some months now out of boredom. Usually, Olyvar assisted him, but he was too busy saying goodbye to all of his siblings and friends at court in preparation to leave.

Annalys soon walked over, accompanied by Edric and Edmyn. "You're at it again, aren't you?" She suddenly spoke up, causing Robb to stop what he was doing to turn to look at his wife, who was making her way over to him.

"Yes, I am, my love. And I will continue to be at it until it's finished," Robb responded, making his way over to Annalys with a smile on his face.

"Which one of the children is it for exactly? You've been working on it for months," Annalys found herself asking and before she could add any more to her comment, Robb cupped her face in his hands and silenced her concerns with a kiss.

He pulled away from Annalys, who was on the verge of asking again. However, she interrupted by Robb once more, who was clearly doing it on purpose. "Shall we go to bed?" He found himself asking Annalys, both to change the subject and to spend some time with her alone.

"We have more important things to do than build boats and make love, my love!" Annalys exclaimed in a joking tone, yet it still sounded as though she was a bit annoyed.

"We?" Robb questioned, playfully rolling his eyes as he made his way back over to the boat, "You haven't helped in the slightest, Annalys," He paused, jokingly throwing a towel at her, "And since when did I become the carefree one in this marriage?"

Annalys gave Robb an annoyed look while her husband smiled at her in amusement. "You're quite uptight and worrisome lately," He commented, earning an eye roll from his wife, "I thought that was my job."

"It is both of our jobs to make sure our daughter's wedding is perfect, Robb," Annalys complained, making her way over to him.

"What still needs to be done, then?" Robb found himself asking Annalys, who was unable to answer, "Exactly. You're worrying about nothing, Annalys. Torra and Aden will be happily married in three days time and all will be right in the world."

"There's a reason we always marry in secret, Robb," Annalys spoke up and Robb turned to his wife to see the uneasy look on her face, "You and I don't have good luck with weddings, remember?"

In truth, Annalys had a point. The Red Wedding and the Purple Wedding were perfect examples of that.

"It's different now," Robb argued in a calm tone, moving back over to Annalys as he gave her an assuring look, "Houses Lannisters and Stark are the saviors of Westeros. The people love us. No one would dare ruin the peace we have given the kingdoms when we've done nothing wrong, especially not at a wedding."