13

LION'S LEGACY
13. Rhaegal

   Hours later, Tyrion arrived at the Red Keep after deciding to speak with Annalys alone

Hours later, Tyrion arrived at the Red Keep after deciding to speak with Annalys alone. For some reason, he thought it was a great idea. He believed he'd be able to talk some sense into Annalys about everything and she wouldn't arrest him right then and there. But was that the truth?

The Lannister man walked the halls of the Red Keep in silence, being escorted by Ser Edmyn. Just then, Tyrion turned his head, watching as Annalys' children ran by, giggling as they didn't even pay attention to him. His eyes widened at the sight, counting six, one of them including Olyvar.

Varys was right. Six children would die when Daenerys took the throne, seven if they included Torra, the girl he met on the journey to King's Landing from Dragonstone.

Soon enough, Tyrion found himself standing in front of Jaime, who stood on guard outside the room Annalys was in. "You spoke with her?" He questioned his elder brother curiously as he looked up at him.

"At her, until she kicked me out," Jaime responded in a calm tone, "I don't know what happened. She used to think you were capable of being pardoned. For some reason, she's changed her mind. She thinks I'm an idiot for ever thinking you would surrender."

"I'm about to step into a room with the most ruthless woman in the world who wants me dead," Tyrion pointed out to Jaime in a frustrated tone, "Who's an idiot?"

"I suppose we should say goodbye, one idiot to another," Jaime suggested, an uneasy look on his face.

He knew that when his daughter wanted someone dead, they ended up dead soon after.

Tyrion smiled sadly at his brother. "I brought this upon myself. I shouldn't have betrayed her," He responded, looking almost ashamed by the mention, "She isn't the girl I once knew. She's more her mother than she is you now."

"Worse," Jaime suddenly corrected him, causing Tyrion to stare at him with wide eyes, clearly beginning to feel concerned, "I wish you the best of luck. I haven't the slightest clue on whether or not you'll leave that room alive."

Tyrion took a deep breath, just before Ser Edmyn led him into the council chamber alongside Ser Rickard Royce.

The second she saw Tyrion enter, Annalys wasted no time speaking up, "I guess I shouldn't be surprised, Uncle. She seems to be your kind of woman. A foreign bitch who doesn't know her place." She commented with an attitude, "Does Shae ring a bell?"

"A foreign whore you can't beat or intimidate. That must be difficult for you," Tyrion retorted, ignoring the mention of Shae.

"So you bring her here, into my home, where my children live. For what?" She questioned, letting out a loud humorless laugh, "It got us nowhere."

"Annalys, I—" He began to say, an uneasy look on his face.

Annalys glared at Tyrion angrily, wasting no time cutting him off. "What have you done, Uncle?" She found herself asking Tyrion, whose eyes widened as genuine tears filled Annalys' eyes, "I spent my whole life defending you, loving you despite my mother saying you were nothing to us. I fought in a trial by combat to save you and how do you repay me? By pledging loyalty to a foreign Queen that wants to burn me alive? I am your family and you betrayed me. You betrayed our entire family!"