43

LION'S LEGACY
43. Lion's Den

FLASHFORWARD THREE YEARS LATER

FLASHFORWARD
THREE YEARS LATER

In Lannisport, Lord Florent was exiting an establishment with five of his men when he suddenly came face to face with someone he never thought he'd see again. Princess Lyanna.

She rode in on a large white stallion, Lady's Wrath sheathed on her belt while she wore a cloak with the sigils of both Houses Lannister and Stark sewed onto the front of it.

Lyanna being alive was only supposed to be a rumor. How was it possible? How was she there?

"Such a small slulk of foxes," Lyanna found herself speaking up sarcastically, her horse coming to a stop as about two dozen red cloaks arrived next to her on foot, wearing armor with spears in hand, "You should know, there's strength in numbers, but I have to admit, I can't say it really matters when you're foolish enough to walk into the Lion's Den."

"That's impossible!" Lord Florent exclaimed in disbelief as he watched Lyanna casually climb off her horse and turn to face him while wearing a content expression, "You're supposed to be dead."

"I get that a lot, to be quite honest with you," Lyanna confessed in a sarcastic tone, "It's getting tiring what with everyone believing me to be dead, but I didn't come hear to speak of that. I'm here because I heard the Usurpers have my brother. I'd like him back," she paused, taking a small yet threatening step toward him, "You remember him, don't you? The youngest of my mother's children. Blonde hair, blue eyes...a small lad, as I recall. A bit fat in the face, but small nonetheless. Forgive me if my description is a bit off, it has been a few years, but you must get the gist of who I'm explaining."

"I remember him, My Lady," Lord Florent responded in a calm tone and despite hoping it would affect her, Lyanna seemed unbothered by his refusal to address her as a princess, "And I believe you have your facts wrong. Your brother is dead, all of your siblings are. I would know, I remember that day if it were yesterday. As I recall, Ser Luthor Tyrell was supposed to have killed you while my job was to execute your twin brother. Unlike Luthor, I actually did my duty."

"Duty," Lyanna repeated after Lord Florent, letting out a loud scoff.

  Without hesitation, Lyanna unsheathed Lady's Wrath and within seconds, each of the Red Cloaks raised their spears.

"You want to talk about duty?" Lyanna questioned Lord Florent threateningly, pointing the tip of her sword directly at the man as she stood just a few feet in front of him, "You and your men killed my entire family. You killed my sisters, one of them being Joanna who was only eleven at the time. You killed my brothers, one of them being my twin brother. I was forced to watch as they stabbed him four times in the gut. I was forced to hear my mother's loud screams as she was dragged away by her Queensguard, each of them believing it to be more important to keep their queen safe than to allow her to save her children. I escaped King's Landing with my life, but months after that, I learned about what you did to my mother and father."