14

LION'S LEGACY
14. My Baby

  Hours soon passed and finally, after riding around the capital for some time, Rhaegal finally landed in the dragon-pits

Hours soon passed and finally, after riding around the capital for some time, Rhaegal finally landed in the dragon-pits. After he did so, Annalys wastes no time climbing off the dragon.

She walked to stand in front of him, staring him in the eyes as she petted him. He laid down on the ground, clearly weakened by all the physical trauma he experienced with the scorpion bolts and spears stabbed into him. "You poor, sweet thing," She told him softly, caressing his scaly skin, "I'm sorry for what they did to you. I really am."

Oddly enough, Annalys gave him a sympathetic look, genuinely feeling bad for him. She always claimed to have a soft spot for outcasts and one-of-a-kind creatures, she proved that time and time again.

"Does it hurt?" She found himself and Rhaegal grunted in response, "It'll heal, I promise. Until then, you must stay here. Can you do that?"

Rhaegal grunted and quietly roared, which Annalys took as a yes. "I won't chain you up, I promise you that. But you must listen. Do that and you may stay."

Before Annalys could react, the dragonpit was suddenly invaded by members of her kingsguard and Robb, causing Annalys to look concerned by the urgent looks on all of their face. "Your Grace! Your Grace!" Ser Edmyn shouted, causing Annalys turn away from Rhaegal and look at them.

"What is it?" she asked in concern, knowing it must have important since they seemed so urgent.

"Daenerys...Her forces have kidnapped Lady Jeyne and Torra," Robb informed Annalys, causing her eyes to widen and fill with tears.

Rhaegal practically whined as he lowered his head, almost feeling the sadness that consumed Annalys.

Annalys stood in place, stunned speechless by the revelation. Robb took a step toward his wife, about to speak up when she suddenly cut him off with a loud cry in pain.

She cried out, feeling sudden sharp pain in her belly. She groaned, pressing a hand in the spot that it hurt.

"Your Grace?" Edric called out in concern, taking a step toward his queen, "Are you alright?"

Annalys slowly nodded, despite suddenly feeling nauseous and dizzy. She took a step toward Robb and Edric, but staggered as she did so. "I'm alright, Edric, I--" She began to say, only to be cut off by feeling another sharp pain.

She instantly knew something wasn't right, but what?

"Annalys!" Robb exclaimed worriedly, he and Edric rushing forward as she nearly stumbled to the ground.

They grabbed her by the arms and Annalys cried as she bentforward, one hand on her back, the other on her aching belly. Her cries became louder as she bent forward even more.

"Something isn't right," She managed to get out, heaving for breath, "It's too soon, I--"

Before Annalys could finish her statement, she was forced to allow a loud scream to escape her parted lips as she tightly clutched her belly in agony. Everyone's eyes widened in horror as blood spilled from underneath Annalys' dress, onto the ground in which she stood on.