34

LION'S LEGACY
34. The Golden Child

    In her room, Lyanna was standing next to Dawn, holding her sword in her hand

In her room, Lyanna was standing next to Dawn, holding her sword in her hand. Just then, there was a knock on the door, causing Lyanna to roll her eyes as she turned. "Go away!" She shouted in annoyance.

"Lyanna, open the door," Robb suddenly demanded, causing Lyanna's eyes to widen.

Not knowing what else to do, she hid the sword behind her back before moving toward the door. She opened it and stepped out of the way, allowing her father in. Once he entered, Lyanna closed the door to her room.

Robb sighed, looking down at the sword Lyanna carried. It was the same one she had received for her eleventh name day by Annalys. Robb recalled Lyanna's sword having a crimson and gold handle while Eddard had a silver one.

"Did you end up naming it?" Robb found himself asking, gesturing down to the sword his eldest daughter held in her right hand.

"Brightroar," Lyanna answered without hesitation, causing Robb's eyes to widen slightly, "I named it after the Valyrian Steel sword King Tommen Lannister lost centuries ago in his journey to the Doom of Valyria."

Robb nodded in understanding, despite wanting to complain about Lyanna's constant need to do everything the "Lannister" way.

"Your brother named his Ice," Robb informed Lyanna in a calm tone, "After my father, your grandfather's Valyrian Steel sword," He paused, gesturing down to the sword he had sheathed at his belt, "The sword I carry is forged from it, as is your mother's and Ser Jaime's."

"Grandfather," Lyanna corrected her father, causing Robb to give her a puzzled look since he didn't know what she was talking about, "I call him Grandfather, not Ser Jaime. He is Mother's father, after all," She paused, tilting her head in a way as she looked up at her father that it reminded Robb of Annalys, "He and I are close. He actually spars with me, unlike you, as does Ser Edric."

"Enough," Robb warned Lyanna in a low tone, growing frustrated with her attitude, "I didn't come here to fight. I came here to ask you if you'd like to join your brothers and me on our trip to the Kingswood."

Hearing her father's proposal, Lyanna's eyes widened in shock. "What of Joanna?" She questioned, knowing that if she went, Joanna would most likely be alone.

"Your mother is going for a ride on Rhaegal through the Crownlands, she's decided to take your sister with her. Little Edric will stay with Torra and the wetnurse."

Lyanna remained silent, nodding her head in understanding. She didn't know what to say. Of course, it was what she wanted, but she didn't expect it to actually happen.

"Are you coming or not?" Robb questioned Lyanna, raising a brow at his firstborn, "We're leaving soon. Put on a coat and meet us in the courtyard. Bring Dawn. It would seem the direwolves will need a bit of space to run after being cooped in the castle these past months. We all do."