59

LION'S LEGACY
59. South

FLASHBACK TWENTY YEARS PRIORWAR OF THE QUEEN AND FIVE KINGS

FLASHBACK
TWENTY YEARS PRIOR
WAR OF THE QUEEN
AND FIVE KINGS

       Hand in hand, Robb and Annalys enjoyed the weather outside where their army had set camp at, "Are you breathing easier now?" Robb asked Annalys, recalling her saying she wanted to take a walk after she began to realize that everyone knew about them sleeping together even though they weren't married.

"I still don't want to go back anytime soon. They'll question us on what happened the night before," Annalys replied uneasily, "They'll wait for an answer on whether or not we'll marry."

"Do you want this?" Robb asked, turning his head to look Annalys directly in the eyes.

"I want you, more than I've ever wanted anything else, but I'm afraid," Annalys confessed and Robb immediately could notice the fear in her eyes, "I don't want to start a war, more than I already have by staying at your side and opposing against my family."

"I know you're scared, Annalys, but this is our chance, right now, to be together, without anyone, or anything, standing in our way." He explained to her, causing Annalys to raise a brow at him.

"What are you saying?" Annalys asked, a puzzled look on her face.

"Marry me today," Robb suddenly said, causing Annalys' eyes to widen in shock, "And we'll figure out what we should do with Lord Frey and our other enemies later."

"You must be joking," She stated, only to notice the serious look on Robb's face, "You're entirely serious?"

"Yes. More than I've ever been about anything else," Robb paused, letting out a sigh as he lifted up Annalys' hand, placing a kiss to it, "You and I, we can win this war together. And as your husband, I promise to listen to your counsel, let you argue with me when you believe I'm wrong, and I will love you until the day I die. Together, we can decide what is right, as husband and wife. As King and Queen in the North." He proposed, dropping down to one knee as he continued to hold her hand, "Marry me, Annalys. Tonight. In the woods where no one can stop us. Say yes."

Annalys immediately smiled, nodding her head, "Yes, yes, of course, I will," She responded without hesitation and Robb stood back up.

They kissed one another and Robb picked her up, twirling her around in his arms. They ran back to the tents of their army, laughing and holding hands.

PRESENT DAY
HARRENHALL

At Harrhenhal, after her hand had been tended to, Annalys had been brought to the bathing chambers by a squire.