71

LION'S LEGACY
71. Peace

NINE MONTHS LATER

NINE MONTHS LATER

    Nearly ten months ended up passing after Annalys was locked in the black cells by Margaery. There was no sign of marriage between Robb and Margaery, no Westerlands men riding South, no Northmen sailing to Highgarden. There was nothing, no sign of war, which was something the Tyrells could not understand.

       At Dragonstone, Joanna stood in the War Room alongside Ellaria Sand, Euron Greyjoy, and Tyrion Lannister, all of which had rallied to her side. Najo stood with her, too, of course, as did Ser Rickard.

    It had been five months since arriving at Dragonstone and eight months since she had given birth to her son. Torro. He was born with tan skin like his grandmother's, one that wasn't as dark as his father's, but not as light as his mother's. He had dark brown hair that was almost black like his father's, but Joanna had expected that.

As each month passed, Najo began to learn more and more of the common tongue. He was nearly fluent now, much to Joanna's relief. It was going to be needed for what she planned next.

"If you want the Iron Throne, take it," Euron insisted in an impatient tone, "You have a fleet, an army of Dothraki, and an alliance with Dorne and the Stormlands. It's been nine months and there's been nothing. No battles, no news of any executions, nothing. People are starting to believe Lyanna does not plan to take the Iron Throne at all. Prince Torrhen refuses as well and Prince Eddard is King in the North now, nothing more."

"I've spoken with my brother through ravens. He plans to rally to our side in order to take the Reach. He says Lyanna is planning something, something none of us will want to be apart of," She explained and Ellaria felt as though she had a feeling what it would be.

Oberyn had said he had a feeling Lyanna was capable of things her great-grandfather had been capable of, things even her mother refused to do over the years.

"When will Prince Eddard join us, then?" Najo suddenly spoke up, finally adding into the conversation.

"King Eddard," Joanna reminded her husband in a calm tone, "And he will be here within a fortnight."

"What will Dothraki do?" He complained, feeling as though she refused to include them in everything, "We came here for you, my love, but you have us sit here and do nothing."

"We'll have our time, my love," Joanna smiled assuringly, "We're going to raise hell on the people of the Reach. You'll pillage and set fire to any villages you please. We're going to set fire to Hightower. We're going to remind them what my family does to those who defy us."

"Are you mad?!" Tyrion exclaimed in disbelief, grabbing onto Joanna's arm, "That is the opposite of what your brother told you to do."

   Hearing the unsheathing of a blade, Tyrion turned his head to see Najo pointing his arakh at him, which was his way of warning him to remove his hand from his wife. "My brother is not my Khal, my husband is," Joanna complained in a stern tone, "The Dothraki are ours. The only one giving them orders will be us. If Eddard doesn't like that, too bad for him. He isn't the boss of me."