64

LION'S LEGACY
64. Heartbreak

        Across the Narrow Sea, Tyrion and Varys walked through the streets of a city in Volantis, speaking of Joanna

        Across the Narrow Sea, Tyrion and Varys walked through the streets of a city in Volantis, speaking of Joanna. It had been months since she had gone missing and still, there was no sign of her.

"You had one job," Varys complained in a frustrated tone, "One job to protect the Princess and you failed."

"You let her go, too," Tyrion snapped at Varys, glaring up at him, "She's her mother's daughter, as much as I worry for her, she's most likely fine."

"Becoming a Dothraki Khaleesi, that's what she's doing," A voice behind them spoke up in a cold, threatening tone.

The two men whipped themselves around, finding themselves in the presence of Ser Rickard Royce. Dreamer, Joanna's direwolf, stood at his side.

"You had one fucking job and you couldn't even do that. Protect the Princess. You're in Essos, away from all threats, yet you've still failed. It seems I'll have to do the job for you as I should've done in the first place," He explained in a venomous tone, yet both men seemed to be stunned speechless by his sudden appearance and the revelation about Joanna being a Khaleesi, "How in the seven hells did I hear about Joanna marrying Khal while I was in Westeros, yet someone whose been in Essos months hasn't even heard?"

"She what?!" Tyrion exclaimed in disbelief, an alarmed look on his face as he exchanged a look with Varys.

"She's pregnant, too. With a son, I've heard," Ser Rickard continued with an attitude, "She's fifteen. How did you let a fifteen-year-old run off, become a Khaleesi, and fall pregnant with his son?"

"Last I heard, you were serving the enemy, Ser Rickard," Varys pointed out, earning a glare from the knight.

"Which is the greatest mistake I could have ever made. I would rather die than serve a usurper. Princess Joanna is alive and I will serve her until my dying breath, I swear it by the Old Gods and the New. I will do what both of you couldn't. I will find the Princess and keep her safe." He explained, earning an odd look from Tyrion.

"How do you expect to find her? The Dothraki are nomads. They're always on the move," He complained, only to watch as Ser Rickard gestured down to Dreamer.

"And I have a direwolf connected to the princess in ways none of us could ever imagine. She will help me find the princess," He explained in a calm tone, "And the two of you will stay here, away from the princess. Understand?"

"Who are you to--" Tyrion began to complain, only to suddenly freeze as Dreamer stepped toward him and growled in his face.

The direwolf was full-grown, making it so that she was even larger than Tyrion himself was. Tyrion flinched slightly, backing up as the direwolf got into his face, bearing her teeth.