~Apr 25

There was silence behind the door. The handle suddenly flew open, and a great force came unexpectedly and threw open the door. Roric burst in, and jumped to conclusions. He pounced on Karayan and tackled him to the ground. Karayan tried to defend, but he couldn't remember exactly how.

o dear

"Roric, no!" Miryanna cried.

He paid her no heed. She knew Karayan was doomed. Once he would have been stronger than Roric, but that was before. Roric now held full physical prowess. Miryanna had to do something. The two had scuffled around the floor for a bit, but now Roric was on top, one hand on Karayan's throat, the other holding a knife above him. Karayan had one hand around the wrist of the hand around his throat, and the other detaining the hand with the knife. But it was a losing battle. Miryanna leapt forward and tried to help pull away Roric's knife hand, but he wouldn't give.

"Roric, stop!" Miryanna got out through gritted teeth. "Leave him alone." She ordered.

"Why should I when he didn't leave you alone?" Roric returned.

"It's... It's not like that. Now just let off," She pleaded.

Karayan was nearly unconscious from the lack of air. Roric paused in trying to stab him, then deftly flipped the knife in his hand, and slammed the hilt down on Karayan's head, knocking him out.

He released his hold on Karayan's throat and stood up, sheathing the knife. He turned to Miryanna, "You wanna tell me what was going on?"

"I'd have told you at first were you not so set on your bloodlust." Miryanna replied stormily.

"What was I supposed to do? Stand there quietly while he did whatever he wanted to you?" Roric returned with the same force.

:/

"It wasn't going that far. Just, let me tell you what was going on." She said, trying to calm herself. Nothing would go right if she was still angry. "I came in to check on him, and he asked again what he... was before he lost his memories. I didn't want to tell him because I didn't know what the outcome would be. He got frustrated--understandably so--and he tried force. What I'd have liked for you to do was hold him back until I could get him calmed down. Not attack and go for blood before even assessing the situation." She said icily.

huh. it is just now occurring to me that roric wouldn't have known that karayan had lost his memories.

"I did all the assessing that needed to be done from the frightened tone of your voice, the door that was clearly being held shut, and my memories of personal experiences with Karayan." Roric defended.

Miryanna calmed a bit. Roric did have every right to be cautious, and even scared of Karayan. He had done horrible things. That was certain. But he didn't anymore. He didn't even remember them. Didn't that clear him? She sighed and nodded, "I understand, Roric. I'm sorry. And he is too." She added.

you were just saying to karayan that he's technically still responsible for the bad stuff he did

Roric scoffed, "How can he be sorry when he doesn't even remember what he did?"

"He knows that he's done terrible things, and he's sorry for that." She replied.

Roric made no response.

Miryanna broke the silence, "Well, why don't we retire to my room and we can talk more there." She said.

He nodded and followed her. Miryanna closed the door, thinking Karayan would want privacy. She lead Roric through the halls of the place until she arrived at her own room, not far from everyone else's. She had stayed in this room often, when she would visit Andarin and his family when they stayed at the estate. It held many fond memories.

so you're just gonna leave "kar" passed out on the floor

"So, I'm assuming you came here for another reason besides murdering your nemesis." She said.

Roric stiffened at the comment, but said nothing of it. "I just thought it'd be nice to update you on everything that's going on."

"That would be nice."

"I feel like I should start out and tell you that the Ergli leaders want to speak with you. They know that you saved Karayan Batal, and while they applaud your nobility in helping the helpless, they can't condone it when they know who that helpless was."

Miryanna nodded. "I might have guessed. So am I discharged?"

He shook his head. "No. They want to see and talk to you personally first."

She sighed. "Alright." And then to change the subject, "So, how's everyone else? Wis, Yanev?"

Roric paused. "Wis is... well enough. She still grieves for Stalles, and to tell the truth, somewhat questions your sanity for helping Karayan. Someone she sees as a ruthless killer, unworthy of any mercy or grace." He added, "She's not the only one."

Miryanna's shoulders sagged. She did feel very grieved for Wis. She wished it didn't have to be this way. "And Yanev, how's she?"

Roric stiffened and hesitated. "She still hasn't recovered." He said softly.

:(

Miryanna's eyes widened. "She... she still hasn't recovered?" She asked, almost disbelieving.

hey quick note, i know about zilch about trauma and so does miryanna

Rorc glared at her. "What do expect? Karayan tortured her. A child. A child who'd spent their whole lives being loved and looked after, suddenly thrust into a situation where there was no one to help, and no mercy. Yes, she still hasn't recovered. Physically yes. She is well enough, but she bears the scars. And her mind is forever ruined." He finished, pain clearly evident in his face and his voice.

Miryanna's hand went to her mouth. "Is... is it really that bad?"

"She can't be in a room alone, she's terribly frightened of the dark and the color red. She has nightmares, can't be comforted... she is definitely not alright. She's forever traumatized. And I don't know how to help." He finished, his voice breaking.

AHHHHHGGGG RORIC D:

Tears stung her eyes. Sweet, innocent little Yanev. So scared, so sad, so in pain.