~Mar 6

Andarin opened the door wider to let him in.

"What news do you bring from Campel?" Iphnis asked as he entered.

Andarin shrugged and repeated most of what he told Miryanna. Iphnis did not comment or interject at all.

When Andarin had finished, Iphnis said after a moment: "Well, things could be worse," he said, almost to himself.

Miryanna came from the bedside to greet Iphnis, "Iphnis, how are you?" She asked.

"I am well. Now you should take a break and go outside for a bit." He gestured towards the door.

"Oh, no I couldn't leave Karayan alone with you," She said.

A half grin crossed Iphnis' mouth, "That's what I just did with you. You deserve a break just as much as I, if not more."

Miryanna sighed and conceded, "Thanks Iphnis," She turned to Andarin, "Andarin, want to come on a walk with me?"

Andarin smiled, "of course, that is," He glanced at Iphnis.

"Go," Iphnis replied.

Andarin and Miryanna left hand in hand. They strolled through the bare orchards, and across a snowy field. The air was crisp and cold, and the surroundings bright and clear.

Miryanna walked in silence, reveling in the freedom of being outside and in the fresh air. She hadn't realized how stuffy it was back in the room, and they couldn't open the window and let cold air in, due to Karayan, no fresh air really entered, except for when the door opened, and even that was second hand. Miryanna laughed for ecstasy. It was so good to be out under the sunshine, and in the open. It was even better to have Andarin with her, by her side, her hand in his.

:)

Neither of them spoke for a while, Miryanna enjoying the outside, Andarin enjoying Miryanna. At last, Andarin broke the silence.

"Miryanna, I'm so happy to be out here with you," He said.

and now it's time to recall that miryanna and andarin are still dating

Miryanna glanced over her shoulder at him. She laughed, "I am too, Andarin, but couldn't you have put that in a more witty and clever way?" She jested.

Andarin's cheeks turned a bit redder, but not from the cold, He laughed softly, "It appears that I've been rendered speechless in your presence, Ma'am."

Miryanna laughed as well, "And I am honored by the compliment, Sir," She replied.

They laughed together, and continued their walk, drifting closer together as they did.

Finally, they stand in a small copse of trees at the far end of the field. They looked back at the house, standing upright and tall against the even land about it, covered in white snow that shone brilliantly in the sun.

They stood in silence, waiting for the other to speak.

"Miryanna," Andarin broke the silence, "I... I love you,"

Awww

Miryanna turned slightly to face him. One of her brows raised, and a small smile touched her lips, "Really?"

Andarin nodded, his mouth feeling dry.

Miryanna's smile got wider, "I love you too, Andarin,"

Awww

Andarin smiled also, and moistened his lips.

Andarin leaned in closer, as did Miryanna. They both closed their eyes as their lips touched in a kiss. They held each other there for a few more seconds before ceasing. They held each other apart, looking deep into each other's eyes. They were both solemn for a few more seconds before Miryanna smiled and and threw her arms around Andarin's neck, and he wrapped his arms about her waist, and they kissed again. After, they hugged each other close, reveling in each other's company.

Awww

After a long silence, Miryanna said, "Maybe we should get back to Iphnis and Karayan."

Andarin shrugged, his chin resting on Miryanna's head, "Maybe."

Neither of them moved. They were happy enough as they were.

Andarin and Miryanna's relationship is there purely for the sake of being there. I didn't want that much of a romance subplot so I started with them already being together in a romantic relationship. One thing I do like is that they're almost more friends than lovers. That is entirely due to me being unsure what a good romance looked like. This whole scene right here was the most romantic thing that I had written in my life. It's not bad, but it's kinda... weak. Yeah Miryanna and Andarin love each other, sure. There's no real passion, which is fine. It's not like they're a hot and fast couple, they take comfort in each other. They feel at home with each other, and I think that's great. But still, it's not really compelling at all. "I love you" "Wow me too" *kiss* :). Not too shabby, but again, this is because I really didn't know anything about good romance in 2016. wait it's 2017 now. Anywho

Were I to rewrite this now, i think I'd do a better job at the romance because now I know what good love and romance looks like, and I actually care about romance. In 2016 you could say the couple fell madly in love, kissed passionately and lived happily ever after for the rest of their days and i'd be like *shrug*. Nowadays, you could tell me a couple deeply and sincerely loved each other for a ten minutes and never saw each other again and I would die.

Romance is not what I thought it was, and I finally enjoy it because know what I like to see in one. (psssst it's sincerity)