~Nov 9

Miryana decided to ignore Roric's foul temperament and just enjoy the day. As soon as she had received all her congratulations she was brought by the leaders to a room she assumed was meant for strategies by the all the maps and charts and lists everywhere. There, the leaders briefed her on what was all going on in the kingdom and what she had to do about it. She informed them that she lived in the castle and had seen the immediate aftermath of the king's attempted assassination. They asked her about it and she gave all the information she had. When she mentioned the queen's description of the assassin, however, their faces became very grave.

"It's a trick," One said, "an illusion to make us think he has more power than he really does."

Mmmmm,,, don't know about that,,,,,,

"But illusion or not, they've become bold enough to come out in broad daylight!" Another exclaimed, "Isn't that proof enough that they think they're in a position for something terrible?"

"Gentlemen, please," The third, the one who'd sworn Miryanna in, said, "This is perplexing news, but let us discuss it another time."

His words seemed to have an effect on the other two and they quieted down.

"Sirs," Roric's low, deep voice came from the background, "She has a note that could be of importance." He said pointing at Miryanna.

Miryanna remembered. The note with the victorious serpent. She withdrew it from her purse and handed it to the leaders, two of whom gasped when they saw the insignia on the back.

"Why should he be interested in her?" The second one asked.

"Do you think he made a mistake in which room he put it in?" The first one questioned.

The head leader, as Miryanna assumed he was, shook his head, obviously deep in thought, "He's too clever to make mistakes. He knows what he's doing."

plot twist: it was a mistake (it wasn't but it'd be funner if it was)

The second one sighed, "That's just what I fear. He doesn't make mistakes. Everything he does has some purpose or another. It's like he has no weakness."

*cracks knuckles* let's see about that

The first shook his head, "No one's invincible. He has a weakness. We'll find it, and exploit it." He said confidently.

"But will we find it in time?" The first asked glumly.

"We will find it." The second said with utmost surety.

ah yes, a mysterious "he" whatever could it mean? I can't believe it took me nine days to introduce the antagonist.

aghhh i can't wait

They all turned to Miryanna, seeming to just notice that she was there.

"Now, Miryanna, your mission is much the same as Andarin's was. Go into the castle as much as you can to learn as much as you can. You, however, already live in the castle, so that makes your, and our, job easier. This also means we can send Andarin on other important missions. When he's home, you can report your news to him. When he's not, you can meet Wis someplace in town, not the same place each time, and give the news to her. Understood?"

She nodded. "Yes, sir"

A hint of a smile touched the corner of his mouth. "You're a sharp one. I've no doubt you'll have no trouble collecting the information we need." He reached across the table and one of the others handed him a sheet of paper. "Here," He handed it to her, "call it your to-do list. Never let anyone see it. To memorize it and hide it away where no one would find it would be ideal, but you can find your own methods. Just make sure that no one ever finds it or knows what it's for."

"Yes, sir," She said and studied it.

"It's going to be afternoon soon, so you should probably get back before anyone gets suspicious." Andarin said.

They all nodded, "A wise idea." The to Miryanna, "Do you understand your assignment and what we've told you about our operations?"

She nodded, "For the most part, yes, sir."

me att (all the time)

This time, he did smile, "Good. That's all I ask of you. You are dismissed."

She curtsied when she saw the others bow and curtsy, and she, Andarin, Roric, and the driver, all exited back up to the trap door. Roric went first, checking to see if there was anyone nearby and when it was clear he opened up the door fully and let everyone else out.

they should also have like a peephole or something so they can make sure no ones around when they open the door. Oh wait that's how they get new erglis. You're chillin walking down the road when this trapdoor appears out of no where in the trees you scream some sketchy people grab you and make you swear to be a good ergli and boom u in.

When Miryanna was passing him, he whispered in her ear, "You really don't know what you're getting into."

i veered a bit between trying to making roric the most unlikable and, most likeable character

She faced him, and said, "Then I guess I'll find out in due time." And continued on her way to the wagon.

The ride back was uneventful and she managed to get back on the streets in a crowd of people, so no one really noticed that she hadn't been there already.

She finished the day with shopping, and bought a few things as gifts for her family, friends, and self. It was nearly suppertime when she walked back through the doors of the castle. She enjoyed the rest of the evening with a hot bath and some more needlework and went to bed, feeling happy.

The days that followed were her time to gather information. She took the leader's advice and memorized the list and stowed it away in a place where she knew no one would ever find it. She asked her father a lot of the questions and he answered all too willingly, glad that his daughter wanted to know how the kingdom worked.