~Mar 23

But Iphnis didn't wake up. He was feverish, and tossed and turned, and sometimes muttered, but he didn't wake up. Miryanna was getting worried that he wouldn't, when one day, his eyes fluttered open.

Miryanna was at his side in an instant. "Iphnis, are you alright? What happened?" She asked immediately.

Iphnis' eyes were dull and unfocused. He didn't appear to hear what she'd said.

"Iphnis?" Miryanna took his hand and shook him slightly.

He moaned and closed his eyes for moment before opening them again. His gaze drifted over to Miryanna. He seemed to be trying to say something, and at last he got out: "Miryanna?"

She squeezed his hand, relieved at hearing his voice.

"Iphnis, what happened? How did you get in such a state?" She asked right away.

He thought for a moment, then closed his eyes again, his face clearly showing pain.

"Iphnis?" Miryanna pressed.

After another delay, he answered, "I... I--It's... I... I can't..." He turned his face away, and Miryanna thought she could see tears beneath his eyelids.

i still couldn't write a proper stutter

Her heart went out to him. Why was he so grieved? She guessed now that it was this strange event that had thrown him into his current state, rather than his state being the cause of his depression.

"Iphnis, please, tell me why you're so sad, and bedraggled and everything. I want to help you." she pleaded.

"You can't," He said mournfully.

:/

"Why not? At least tell me what happened."

"I... can't," He said again.

She sat back, grieved and frustrated. "You mean you won't?"

He sighed, "I don't know."

i told you. the depression