~Feb 4

The night passed without further interruption. In the morning, Andarin came to bid them farewell and get any questions that Miryanna and Iphnis wanted answered. Iphnis didn't have anything but Miryanna wanted everything. She wished she could join Andarin, but she couldn't leave Iphnis to take care of Karayan alone. And she knew that Andarin wouldn't stay.

So Andarin set out. Miryanna hoped that all would go well and that he'd get the answers they needed.

Karayan remained stable over the next few days. He didn't wake for another day or two, and when he did it was no more than an opening of the eyes and a word or two exchanged. What really concerned Miryanna was Iphnis. He got more agitated as the days went by and Miryanna couldn't guess why. On the third day after Andarin left, Miryanna decided to broach the topic.

"Iphnis, has something been bothering you at all lately?" She asked innocently.

Iphnis looked at her from where he was standing by the window. He sighed and looked out onto the snowy fields lit by bright sunshine. "It's... It's not something a human would understand." He said absently. 

in other words, I knew what was up but i didn't know any specifics or how to put them into words at all so I just made it sound cryptic because if i did know the exact reasons that iphnis had i would have expounded on them long and hard. there is no guile in this draft.

Miryanna frowned a little and walked across the room to him. "Try me," She said, facing him.

Iphnis sighed, but didn't answer. "Never mind; it's not important." He dismissed.

Miryanna wasn't convinced, but she knew better than to pressure Iphnis into giving information he didn't want to give.