~Dec 28

Miryanna climbed down carefully and reached the bottom with no mishap. They snuck to the stables and retrieved their horses, and set out for Alarick's base.

They were on the road, talking and discussing all the info they now had, when another rider came up beside them, seemingly out of nowhere.

"Greetings, mind if I join you?" A voice that was reminiscent of a laughing stream asked.

Miryanna couldn't believe her eyes or her ears. "Iphnis?"

I am getting so frickin' done with 2016 me's Need to put Iphnis absolutely everywhere

Iphnis smiled.

Roric frowned, "Who are you?" He asked warily, laying a hand on the hilt of his sword.

"It's the Gnome! Roric, it's the Gnome! I told you I wasn't crazy!" Andarin exclaimed excitedly.

Roric's brows rose and his gaze swept over Iphnis, and then went to Miryanna and Andarin. No one said anything for a moment. Finally Roric sighed deeply. "Alright, so I was wrong. There really are Gnomes in the mountain. What's your name?" He asked, turning to Iphnis.

"Iphnis," he responded.

Roric nodded. "I've been with you guys too long to be surprised at anything anymore,"

but have they done stuff worth being surprised about? Unless there are a lot of escapade in the mountains i didn't write or know about, we just entered generic dialogue land again

Andarin stifled a laugh and Miryanna rolled her eyes.

They rode on and continued talking. They reached Alarick's base at almost sunset. They left their horses and entered the secret passage.

like it's a secret entrance, but people can like, see the horses parked there...

They navigated through the dark passageways until they came to Alarick's office and entered.

Alarick looked up as soon as the entered. "Oh good, you're here," he said.

Miryanna notice his troubled expression and the worried tone of his words. She also noticed that there were several other occupants of the room. She saw Stalles, Wis' husband, and a few others she didn't recognize.

"What's going on?" Roric asked, his tone also taking on a note of anxiousness.

Alarick sighed, "Roric, while you were gone, Wis and Yanev were outside on the road, and they were taken by Vanags."

Oop forgot this all escalated so quickly

Roric's face paled, but he said nothing.

Miryanna also felt the blood leave her face. She didn't want to imagine what another captivity by Karayan would do to the girl. And Wis.

"We have to do something," Roric said.

"That's what I say," Stalles joined in.

Miryanna nodded in agreement.

Alarick held up his hands, "Roric, Stalles, I understand how you want to rescue your sister and wife, but they're probably in the very depths of the Vanag's stronghold and as much as we'd like to, we can't just rush in and save them." Alarick said firmly.

Roric slammed his fist down on Alarick's desk, "I'm not going to sit here idly while my sister lies in torment," he said, fire smoldering in his eyes.

Alarick sighed, "There's nothing I can do to help you,"

"I don't need your help," Roric spat out. "I'll go alone if I have to." He stood straight and started for the door.

"If you won't give us any help, then I'm joining Roric. I don't like even the thought of my Wis being in their clutches," Stalles said vehemently and started after Roric.

ya'll knew i was gonna say this but it'd be nice if we knew more about Stalles and Wis now that i'm about to make them key players for a bit

Miryanna and Andarin shared a glance. Neither of them really liked where this was going, but they weren't going to let their friends go alone.

"We're going too," Andarin said and he and Miryanna followed, Iphnis right behind them.