Twenty

"I'll miss you, idiot." Michelle smiles at me as we stand in the airport, me about to make my way out of New York and back to my house for a little bit. Honestly I'm ready to see my family, I think it's gonna help me clear my mind.

I'm mostly excited to see J of course and he's the one coming to get me from the airport when I land. I'm ready for him to ask me twenty questions.

"I'm gonna miss you too, I'll see you this time next month." I smirk at her as I hold my fist out. She rolls her eyes and punches it back.

"We'll cuddle the first night," she starts off. "And every night after that." I giggle as I finish. She pulls me in for a hug and I notice her eyes water when she pulls back.

"Michelle what is this foreign object coming out of your eyeballs?" I mess with her as I realize that she's really crying about how I'm leaving and that she's really gonna miss me; she's really my best friend.

"You know I hate it when you leave, but I just have allergies." She rubs her sweater paws against her eyes.

"Thank you for bringing me." I run my eyes over her face. She smiles.

"I'm just gonna drive because it's not that long," she nods at me but mostly to herself. I nod back, taking in what she's saying. "Are you uh- gonna wait for him?" She asks me and I take a couple of seconds to think before I shrug.

"If he shows up, but I won't know that he is until he's here, so maybe it's pointless." I shrug my shoulders and cross my arms over my chest. I'm kind of irritated because he's late.

"You know, it's Dom," she runs her eyes down and stares at the small gold chain sitting around my neck that most definitely belongs to him. "You never know what you're gonna get but you have a lot of fun trying to guess." She raises her right eyebrow and smirks before quickly dropping her brow.

"Has he ever let you down?" She asks me as she can tell I'm not fully convinced and I shake my head.

"Never."

"Girl it's cause he loves you, and would do anything for you, so stop it." She playfully pushes my arm and I roll my eyes before pulling her in for yet another hug. She always tries to make me feel better and she never fails.

"Goodbye to what may have been the craziest weekend of our life!" I match her energy.

"No but I dead ass thought you were just gonna knock Larkin out right there, I was waiting for it."

"Character development," I roll my eyes as I think about it. "It just irks me to know that she was gonna take it if I didn't catch her but I still ended up giving it back."

"Character development." She mocks me but I can't help and laugh.

"Have a safe drive, I'll tell you when I'm about to get on, yeah?" I ask, widening my eyes as I realize I'm picking up his lingo that I love.

She hugs me one more time and kisses my forehead before making her way out of the airport, leaving me by myself for at least another hour.

Or just until Dom shows up, if he ever decides to.

I groan and get my luggage, pulling it behind me as I walk around the airport and decide where I want to get food before we go. It's always good to get here early is what I've realized, but the wait sucks and it's kinda like playing Russian roulette because I could be stuck here for another three hours or the plane could come right now.

My eyes run across the multiple food places that are here and I smile as I see many places that remind me of Dom. I settle on some pizza and move through the line, telling the man what I want.