Six

Dom

"Alright Dom, which songs do you wanna do for Chegg?" Chancellor Smith asks me. I raise my eyebrows as I look around his office, my nerves eating me alive about how I could be fifty feet away from Alaina at any given time.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure yet," I look back to him as he kindly listens. He seems nice and I remember Alaina talking about how this was her favorite place and that he's the nicest person ever when she came and toured.

For some reason I felt that Pratt was gonna win. Maybe soulmates are a real thing. Maybe fate exists.

"Is that okay? Could I come up with a set list and come back and we can discuss it?" I continue to ask questions and he tries to fit with my needs. The smile grows on my face.

"Sure thing," he moves towards the door in his office. "Would you like to see the class who worked very hard on it?" He asks, my eyebrows flying up.

"Wait, so basically one class made this whole thing happen?" I ask.

He nods at me. "Yeah, one of our music classes. They printed out fliers and posted them all around campus. It made other people want it even though they don't have any idea who the artist is."

My mind wanders to how I'm one hundred percent sure Alaina is in that class, and how I'm one hundred percent sure that she's one of the people who posted the fliers around campus.

"Yeah, I wanna see. Lead the way?" I ask, wanting something that's against my better judgment. I know when I walk in that room and see all of them it's gonna make my nerves shoot.

"Thank you for doing this by the way." Smith continues as he opens the door for me. I walk through and we walk side by side out of his office.

Chegg and I donated money but nobody knows that most of it is mine. At first I just wanted to perform and that's when they reached out and said something about donating. Pratt may not need it but they worked the hardest.

I need Alaina though. I wanna see her again. And I can't believe it's taken me this long to see.

The chancellor opens a door for me which I assume leads into the building that this class is in. He looks at me as we walk.

"This is our additional arts building. I think you'll enjoy this professor." He says to me as he takes a look at my outfit. I tried to dress nice so I just have a black sweater on with a white button up under. My hair isn't as wild as it usually is and I'm sure he's gonna be shook when he sees me step out on stage in a dress or something pink, where I'm ultimately myself.

My heart starts beating so fast when he leads us up the stairs and I smile as I pass a crowd of students sitting in the corridor where seats and benches are placed. I can tell that some of them know who I am and it's giving away who the artist will be. I see them quickly get on their phones and I'm sure they're telling all their friends.

Chancellor Smith notices. "Hey! Don't tell anyone yet." He gives them all a cold hard stare and I look at him and then back to them. They all quickly nod and put their phones away.

"You're the artist? Holy shit I've been listening to you since 2018." One of the guys say, he has a pink streak in his hair. I'm fucking with that.

"Thank you for your support!! Fuck yeah man." I quickly run over to them and give each of them a hug, a smile coming over my face.

"Thank you. I assume we won? Did we win? Holy shit!" One of the girls say and my eyebrows fly up on my face.

"You won," the smile takes up my face. "You just gotta get through finals now."