Twenty Six

"What?" He does the same to me that I did to him just a few moments ago, probably totally and utterly confused by what I just said.

"Yeah that's definitely a sin I will have to confess later," I make a lighthearted joke. "That happened a lot, I will need many nights of confessing." I don't know how this conversation has taken this turn, mentioning the church and God, it's kind of interesting to be having this conversation with Dom. But as long as he's getting everything off his chest, I feel he deserves the same from me.

"Sex isn't a sin, Alaina."

"Uhh sex was actually the first sin," I giggle. "Adam and Eve? The apple?"

"Touché, but you're not about to sit here and tell me that two people in love with each other, who only have eyes for and sex with each other, are committing a sin because they are not married on paper. Isn't that your truest, most nature filled form? When your cheeks are bloodshot, your skin is glowing, and your eyes don't leave mine? Is it only adultery if you're married? Isn't cheating all the same? The intent is still there?" He asks me multiple questions, and I'm trying to work up a response to my head. Are these questions he wants answers to, wants to have a discussion about?

"I would agree, I feel that is our most primal form. Things were just different back in those days, especially for women. Being married and having children was all that they truly knew," I sigh as I think about these times, and the fact that all of it changed, not that long ago, in retrospect. "Don't you think it's interesting the first people to see Jesus 'rise from the tomb' were women? Who weren't even allowed to serve in jury at that time? Who had nothing to their name unless they had a husband?"

"Maybe... God is a woman." He lets out a chuckle.

"I didn't mean to get all religious on you, I don't really know where my views stand as much anymore." I cross my arms over my chest.

"You have plenty of time to figure that out. It's been fifteen minutes right?" He asks me, changing the subject. I raise my eyebrows as I realize it has. I immediately sit up and pull the mask off of my face, going to pull his off as well. He looks over at me and I smile at him as I go to stand up.

"Let's wash our hands and rub the rest of it in, and then wash them once more." I smile at him, walking over to the bathroom. I toss the face masks into the trash can. Dom and I both stand here in silence once again as we work on moisturizing our face.

After a few minutes I dry off my hands and complete the routine, Dom following closely behind me.

"Oh I got something, I forgot to show you." He leads me over to the tall glass windows, pushing one of the two tall glass doors open to lead us to the balcony. My jaw drops when I can hear the bubbling of water and can make out the shape of a hot tub. As we approach it I decide to place both of my hands in, letting out a very relaxed sigh. The water is so warm and relaxing. My whole body feels warm from this water and Dom being right beside me.

"Do you want to get in?" He asks me, and I stand up straight and take my hands out of the water to look at him.

"I uh- I didn't bring a bathing suit or anything. I wasn't expecting this." He looks at me for a second before grabbing at the neck on his shirt, pulling it up from there. I watch his stomach and side muscles tense as he does this, and when he finally gets it off he tosses it over to me.

A smile grows on both of our faces. I take the shirt inside and go to my bag, remembering the small dry fit shorts I put in here. I run into the bathroom, giving him another smile as he walks past me to head to his room.