Sixteen

"You know I always have some kind of surprise," he starts off as he starts to play a couple keys on the piano. I gulp as I realize the song in less than two seconds, the same one I listened to over here.

How am I supposed to stop seeing Dom in everything when he makes every song I love have something to do with us, or with him?

My eyes travel to his hands and up to his face as he stares at the keys, pressing his fingers to make the sound of Falling.

This ones gonna hit a little different.

I can't decide whether to stare at his hands which are making the music that's crawling down my spine or at his face that's showing his emotions and allowing him to be ultimately transparent in how he feels.

Before I can even think he starts to sing, the feeling of electricity coming in like tidal waves.

Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
I can't take it back
I can't unpack the baggage you left

What am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling

I watch him as he belts the notes, my goosebumps rising up my arms and probably even my neck.

You said you care, and you missed me too

He looks up at me as the next lyric comes and he still continues to play the keys.

I'm well aware I write too many songs about you

The coffees out at the Beachwood Cafe
And it kills me cause I know we've run out of things we can say

He raises his voice as he hits the notes and continues onto the next ones, all while he continues to play. The only thing I can do is stare as it feels like he's got me wrapped into a trance and I couldn't move even if I tried.

And I get the feeling that you'll never need me again

The song is like our situation so I can see why Dom would pick it, considering music has always been his way to cope. Fine Line made its way on my Spotify Wrapped after being out for less than two weeks because it said everything that I felt. It felt like he went into my mind and said what I was thinking about Dom.

What am I now? What am I now?
What if you're someone I just want around?

He asks as he sings and I purse my lips, not knowing how to feel about this at all.

I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling

He ends the song and lightly pulls his fingers from the keys.

I'm stuck and don't know what to say so we just sit here for a couple of seconds because I realize that he doesn't know what to say either.

"You're really good." I compliment him as I turn to look at him. He smiles at me as he looks back at me.

"That's the second song I learned, right after taking Golden which was hype, to a level down." I make a face at him and he looks back at the piano.

"Can you re-read me your paper?" He asks me, still looking forward.

"I- uh- I don't have it but I can pretty much remember what it says." I don't look at him either.

He goes silent and I think about how I wanna start it off and if I wanna tell him some of the things I left out last time. I fiddle with my fingers as my nerves take over and I breathe in.

"You know, when she told us that we could write about anything, I immediately wrote down your name."

"It was eleven pages long, Dom," I look over at him. "Eleven."