Eight

"Are you hungry?" Is the first thing he officially says to me after not speaking to me for months. I look over at him as we walk down the corridor of the school. I see the section of seats for students to sit in, and see multiple there.

My eyes travel to his hand and up to his eyes. I slowly grab it before I take him another way, sneaking him out of the building without walking through that crowd.

"Did you know the Larkin girl who always commented o-"

"Yes I know she goes here and she's a bitch. Did she try to talk to you?" I ask him, looking up at him as I drag him through the halls.

He raises his eyebrows. "Uh, yeah, she wrote some lyrics and wanted to show me."

"Lyrics? End with maybe you make me feel sane?" I ask him, raising my eyebrow. He furrows his at me and slowly starts to nod.

I feel the anger in me slowly start to build about how when she would always ask me to put her on when it was so fucking obvious that I was the one on him. When she would always ask me to give her his number or give him hers. Fucking annoying. Now she goes and steals my shit to try and impress him? Yeah she's gonna get it.

"A bitch I say! A bitch. She's in one of my writing classes and we had to present. She stole it from me." I roll my eyes out of pure anger and Dom seems dumbfounded as he stares at me.

"You're joking right! That has to be a joke?" He asks me, and he realizes it isn't when I don't start smiling or I don't start laughing. He quickly changes the subject.

"Don't think I didn't notice that it sounds like something I would say," he looks forward as he doesn't look at me. I know that he thinks that if he looks at me while he says some slick shit that he doesn't know if I'm gonna spazz on him or giggle along. "It's okay to admit that I make you sane."

"Actually," I continue to look forward too. "For the past nine months you've managed to make me go completely insane." I argue with him, trying not to instigate a fight though. Dom would shut it down quick anyways.

"That's because of the lack of me. Just admit that us breaking up wasn't the best thing for you, like you thought it was." He says, and I turn to look at him now. I raise my eyebrows at him and fight the smile coming up on my face because he isn't gonna come back that easy.

If we're gonna make this work, and who knows if we will, then we have to work it back up. As much as I want to fall back in his arms, I didn't spend these months putting up a safeguard around my heart just for him to knock one time and it all go crumbling to the floor.

"I'll admit that when you tell me who it is that you let talk mess to me over some text messages." I pull my hand away from his and open the door that leads us out of the building and into the back parking lot.

He goes silent and I become offended that he doesn't wanna tell me, but I understand. Maybe I shouldn't have even put him in this situation. It's never my intention to make Dom uncomfortable, except slightly in class earlier, because he's never made me.

The only problem I have right now is that I let my emotions get the best of me and all my good thoughts and brain goes out the door. I become a bundle of mess and emotions that can't be figured out. I like that Dom is trying though.

"I really hope you parked back here." I giggle, not realizing that we're also on the other side of the school and there's plenty of parking lots around here.

He looks at me and I realized that I giggled, which causes the smile to come along his face. I hate that I love him so much and one smile at me is making me reconsider everything in my life.