Epilogue

|FOUR MONTHS LATER|

KICKING THE SOCCER BALL INTO the net, I heard the crowd cheer

KICKING THE SOCCER BALL INTO the net, I heard the crowd cheer. Nichole and I did our handshake before running back to our coach.

"That's good West! Now we need to score one more time, and we'll win this. If they score it, it's going to go in overtime," Coach said as we huddled around her.

"Trisha, Allison, Harper, and Selena you need to block for Campbell, Nichole, and Emma. Maddi you need to pass the ball to Campbell, Nichole, or Emma," she instructed.

"Do we all understand?" She asked, making us nod. "I asked, Do we all understand?!"

"Yes coach!" We yelled back.

"Good. Now go make me proud," she did as we ran back onto the field.

Sweat dripped down my face from the sun's heat. This was our first game, and we were all stressed.

The whistle blew, and Emma kicked the ball. I ran around the girls who was blocking for me, and I ran over to the ball. I kicked it while running, and a girl coming running at me.

I spun out of the way, and she fell to the ground. I continued to run, and I kicked the ball in the goal.

The goalie missed it, and the ball hit the net.

"And the Lady Wolves won the first game of the season!" The announcer yelled, making everybody cheer.

The girls came over to me, and they hugged me. We cheered our chant while smiling.

When I walked over to the bleachers, Brent picked me up, and he swung me in the air. I laughed as he put me down.

"That was a great kick," Elliot said, walking over to us.

"Thank you," I replied as Nichole ran over to Nick.

"We're so proud of you, Campbell," Mom said, hugging me. Then Dad hugged me.

"Thank you," I thanked them.

"You guys were killed it out there," Madison told me and Nichole.

After the group gave Nichole and I hugs, Mom said,"Okay. Campbell, we need to get you home so you can take a shower. We have to be at the courthouse by two."

I nodded and I turned around to the girls.

"You guys are going to meet us there, right?" I asked them.

Hailey nodded,"Yep. We'll be there."

"See you guys there," I said before heading to the parking lot.

Brent wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we walked to the car. I walked over to the passenger side, and I opened the backseat door.

Brent kissed me on the lips, and I kissed him back.