Ch. 19 - Gaberial's Secret

"I HAVE TO GO," Gaberial said, looking up from his phone

He stood up, and he walked off from the lunch table before we could say anything.

"That was really weird," Nichole said before taking a bite of her burger.

"He's been like that lately. One day, he was rushing us to get ready. The whole ride there, he couldn't hold his exictement," Elliot said, referring to the day Gaberial was calling Elliot an old man.

"Probably sports related," Gavin suggested, but he wasn't looking at anybody.

The bell rung, and we threw away our trash before heading to our classes. I walked to my locker, and Brent followed me.

"Campbell, I wanted to ask you something," Brent said, nervously.

"Sure. What's up?" I asked him, exchanging textbooks.

"So, I know that you're coming Friday night to the game," he started, and I nodded. "My parents are staying in town for a while, and I wanted to see if you had any plans for Saturday?"

"No, I don't," I replied, shaking my head slowly.

"That's great. Um..well.." He stumbled over his words.

I smiled at how cute he looks right now. "Brent, what are you going to ask me?"

"Will you go out with me Saturday night? If you don't, it's completely fine. I understand it's only been a month.." He trailed off.

I was shocked. Brent Mason is asking me out on a date.

"Brent," I said, making him stop talking,"I would love to."

"But...." He said, making me confused.

"There is no buts. I want to go out with you Saturday night," I said.

"Oh thank God. I thought you were about to say no," he said with a laugh.

"I would never."

There was nobody on the stairs, and Brent noticed that, too. He kissed my cheek before we made our way to our class with our hands still entact with each other.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Psst! Campbell!" Somebody whispered, waking me up.

"Leave me alone," I said, trying to go back to sleep.

Next thing I know, the warm blanket was thrown off of me. I scrunched up my nose, and I sat up, looking at the blanket theif. Gavin was standing next to my bed with my blanket beside him.

"What the hell, Gavin?" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air.

"I need your help," he said with a pleading look on his face.