Ch. 18 - A Memory

IT WAS A SILENT WAR between Lisa and Ross with their eyes

IT WAS A SILENT WAR between Lisa and Ross with their eyes. They were trying to decided what our punishment should be. After we explained where we were at, they were mad. Brent and the girls were sent upstairs earlier.

But they didn't yell, so that's a good sign, I guess.

"We have decided that you all will be cleaning the house tomorrow, well later today. No friends allowed, and no electronics," Ross said, looking at each one of us.

"Yes sir," we all said, nodding our heads.

"Campbell, we need to talk to you in private," Lisa said, making the boys upstairs.

"I'm sorry about sneaking out. It was a stupid-.."

"Honey, we aren't talking about that. There is something else we like to talk about with you," Lisa ssid, cutting me off.

I furrowed my eyebrows,"Okay....."

"Well, Lisa and I have been talking, and we decided that we want you to go to therapy," Ross said, running his hands together.

I frowned,"Why? I have only been here for a month. I'm not going to open up that easy."

"Campbell, we know about your episodes. Elliot filled us in about how shaky your hands are, how you flinch when there is a loud noise of if somebody touches you. We want to help you," Lisa said, standing up from the couch.

"If I'm not going to open up to you guys, then what makes you think I'm going to open up to a complete stranger?!" I asked, upset.

I folded my arms across my chest. I hate therapy. I already have to go to physical therapy once a month, which I did Monday, for my shoulder.

Lisa and Ross were silent, and I was not going to be up anymore.

"I'm going to bed," I said, walking towards the stairs.

"Campbell, we just want what is best for you," Ross said behind me.

I shook my head, and I continued walking up the stairs.

"Goodnight," I said quietly, but I knew they heard me.

I walked in my room to see the girls sitting on my bed, waiting for me. They looked exhausted.

"I guess you guys heard everything," I said, seeing their facial expressions.

They nodded.

"Campbell, we want you to know that we are here for you if you need somebody to talk to, we are here," Nichole said, making the other two nod.

"Guys, I'm fine, but thank you. I will keep that in mind. Right now, I just want to go to sleep," I said with a yawn.

"Agreed," Madison agreed, rubbing her eyes.

"We'll leave you to go to sleep. Come on guys," Anna said, walking to the door.

"Where are y'all sleeping?" I asked them.

"I'm going to sleep in Elliot's room," Anna replied.

"I'm going to Gavin's room," Madison said.

"And the same but with Nick," Nichole added.

"Alright, well I'll see you guys on Monday."

They nodded before exiting my room. I turned off the lights, and I fell in my bed, exhausted from tonight's events.

It wasn't long before I was out like a light.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

"Mommy, are you okay?" My six year old self asked my mother, who was watching the snow fall with a blank expression on her face.

"Yeah," she replied, stilling looking outside.

Her blonde hair was in a messy ponytail, and her usual tan skin was pale as a ghost.

"I-I have to leave," she said, suddenly, standing up from her chair.

"Where are you going?" I asked her, following her to her bedroom.

She looked at me with a flash of guilt on her face.

"To...the store to get some peanut butter," she said, pushing me out of her room.

"Can I come with you?" I asked her with puppy eyes.

She licked her lips,"I wish you could, but mommy needs some time to herself for a little while."

"Okay, mommy," I said with a nod.

She gave me a little smile before shutting the door. When she came out of her room, she had a suitcase with her.

"Campbell, you are to go over to Mrs. Kelly's house until daddy comes home, okay?" My mother said, grabbing my hand.

She knocked on the door, and Mrs. Kelly opened it with a smile on her face.

"Grace? What's wrong?" She asked, noticing the suitcase.

"Nothing. Can you watch Campbell until Chase comes home?" My mother asked with a pleading look on her face.

"Sure. Come on, Campbell. I made chocolate chip cookies," Mrs. Kelly said, holding her hand out for me.

"Bye mommy," I said, giving my mother a hug.

"Bye, Campbell," she replied, hugging me back.

She kissed me on the forehead before walking down the steps.

Mrs. Kelly led me inside, leaving the door open. I walked over to shut it, and I saw my mother's blue car driving away.

"Love you, mommy," I said, quietly before shutting the door.

I opened my eyes which met the ceiling. Something was rolling down my cheek. I touched my face to find tears rolling down my face.

I wiped them away, and I noticed that it was still dark outside. I checked my phone in my nightstand, and it was 5:45.

There is no way I'm going back to sleep. I threw the blanket off of me, and I walked to the bathroom, rubbing my eyes.

A shower will probably calm me down. I turned the shower on, and I stripped from my clothes.

The warm water hit my cold skin, waking me up. I washed my hair and my body within ten minutes, but I didn't want to get out yet.

I didn't want to face reality.

I didn't want to face that nightmare wasn't a nightmare. It was a memory from my past. It was true, and I couldn't just forget about it.

It was going to stick with me for the rest of my life.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Hey guys!! I know this chapter is boring and short, but now we know what happened with Campbell's mother.

Again, I'm very sorry that it is very boring. To make that up, next chapter is going to have a surpise in it. Hint: Somebody has a girlfriend!

|Vote & Comment|

Kenz