Ch. 7 - Pain

IT HAS BEEN a week since I was placed with the Cades, and it has been nice

I learned more about each boy, and the girls who I text everyday. It's cool to have friends.

"Cam, lunch is ready," Nick said, opening my door.

I looked up from the book I was reading, and I smiled.

"Thank you. I'll be down in a minute," I told him, and he nodded.

I made sure my outfit had no stains on it. I was wearing a light pink sweater and black tights.

When we went shopping last Saturday, I found it amazing. I even made Vanessa smile. Maybe I'm not bad with kids.

I need a necklace, I thought. I grabbed my black jewerly box. My mother gave this to me when I started to wear bracelets. I opened it up when my door slammed open.

I dropped my jewerly box, and it went crashing on the floor. I looked at the door to see Michael.

"Sorry, are you okay?" He asked, looking at me.

Memories flew through my mind. Malcom, drunk, slamming the door open just to beat me.

After that, I never slept good again. I was always scared that he would come back. Sometimes, he did.

"Campbell!" Gavin's voice snapped me back to reality.

I looked around me to see all the boys in my room.

"Campbell, your hands are shaking," Elliot said, pointing to my hands.

I looked down to see my hands were shaking like they were at the lunch table last week.

I held them together until they stopped shaking. I got on my knees, and I picked up my mother's jewelry box. It was only broke inside, but I can fix that.

I picked my jewerly up, and Nick helped me. When we were done, I placed it back on the shelf.

"Campbell, what happened?" Gaberial asked me.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I lied.

"You were shaking like a freaking earthquake. You did the same thing at lunch last week," Gavin said, crossing his arms.

"Guys, I'm fine. Please just don't tell Lisa and Ross. I don't want them to freak out," I told them.

"You did this two times, and you don't want us to tell our parents about it?" Elliot asked with an angry tone.

"It won't happen again. Please," I pleaded.

"Fine, but if it happens again, we're going to our parents," Nick said.

I nodded, and they left the room. I need to get better, but I don't know how.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Elliot's pov:

"Guys, something is going on with Campbell," I told my brothers, who were playing Halo on the Xbox.

We have a man-cave in the attic. You might be wondering, why not in the basement? Well, it's creepy down there, and nobody wants to hang out in a scary basement.

Anyways, we built our man-cave last year, and it's pretty awesome. We have a flat screen tv, a sofa, a Xbox and Playstation, bean bags, and we have our own mini fridge.

"What do you mean?" Brent asked, looking at me. We invited him over to play while his little sister is at a playdate.

"This morning, Michael slammed the door open, and she freaked out. She dropped something, and she was shaking like she was having a seizure," Gavin explained.

"And have you told anyone about it?" He asked.

"No, she didn't want us to tell," Gaberial said, shooting Gavin.

"Dude, that was cheating! I wasn't even ready!" Gavin exclaimed.

"Duh. That's the whole point. It's calls sneak attack. Look it up," Gaberial shot back.

"You two stop," I said, throwing popcorn at them.

"Was she abused?" Michael asked, quietly.

"What?" I asked him. Everybody stopped what they were doing to listen.

"Campbell, she's scared. Like all the time. She doesn't like anybody to touch her, except girls. I mean, if she let you put an arm around her, you can feel her flinch," he said, tapping his fingers on the couch.

"That doesn't mean she was.....abused," I said, pausing before saying the end.

"Maybe she just grew up in a horrible home. She doesn't trust nobody. I know I wouldn't," Nick said, taking a sip of his soda.

"But what if she was?" Michael asked.

"Well, we don't need to meddle in her business. If she wants to tell us her past, she will, but in the mean time, we have to wait," I said, standing up.

"Where are you going?" Brent asked me.

"I need to pee," I told him, walking out of the attic.

I walked down the stairs, and to the nearest bathroom. Once I got into the bathroom, I locked the door.

I opened the cabinet, and I pulled out a bottle of Tylenol. I popped two in my mouth, and I drunk some water.

My leg started to burn, again. I bit my lip, hoping the pain would go away. I stayed in the bathroom for a few minutes until somebody knocked on the door.

"Elliot, you okay, man?" Brent asked.

I opened the door with a smile on my face, and he looked at me, curiously.

"I'm fine. I was just thinking about something," I lied, hoping he would buy it.

"Okay, well, Nick wants to play againist you," he replied, but his eyes were still watching me like a hawk.

"Lets go play."

I really hope that my leg is just sore from pratice.

I really hope........

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys!! Sorry, I haven't updated in a week. I've been really busy, but here is a new chapter. I want to say thank you for almost 500 reads!!

When I started this book, I didn't expected this. You guys are awesome!!

Q: Favorite song right now?

A: Senoritã by Shawn Mendes and Mad Love by Mabel

⭐️ Vote & Comment ⭐️

•Kensli•