Ch. 36 - Birthday Part Three

"IS THIS WHAT I THINK THIS IS?" I asked, looking at Ross and Lisa

"Campbell, we want to adopt you," Ross said as tears built up in my eyes.

"Really?" I asked, looking over at the boys.

"Of course, Cam. We always wanted a sister, and here you are. You are an amazing sister," Gaberial said, and the boys nodded.

"You are always there to help us, and without you I would never had the courage to talk to Jordan tonight," Micheal told me.

"And is it wasn't for you, we would never have met Damon and Stefan Salvatore," Gavin joked, making everybody laugh. 

"And we don't want to lose you," Nick finished.

"You're family now, and whether you like it or not, you are stuck with us," Elliot told me, making me smile.

"I love you guys," I said, wiping a few stray tears away.

"We love you too," Gavin replied.

"Yes! We are so happy for you Campbell!" Madison exclaimed, hugging me.

Then the rest of the girls hugged me. Then the boys along with Lisa and Ross.

After everybody hugged me, Lisa said,"All we have to do now is go get a signature from your father."

My eyes widened,"My father? Why?"

Everybody fell silent, and Ross cleared his throat.

"Well, since you are not a legal adult if your father is released from prison within the next year then you can take you away from us. But if he signs this paper then he gives all parent rights, and he can't take you away," Lisa explained, and I nodded.

"When do we have to do this?" I asked her.

"Next Saturday," she answered.

"Oh," was all I could say.

I was going to see my father next Saturday. Wow.

"Let's not worry about that right now. Right now, go and enjoy your birthday," Ross told me.

"Okay."

And that's what I did. The group and I had fun at the club, and we had cake. I opened the rest of my gifts, thanking everybody. I enjoyed my birthday like a regular teenage girl.

By the time I got home it was 1:30 in the morning, and I had to be up and ready at 5:45 a.m. 

I stripped out of my dress, and I changed into a pair of gray sweatpants and one of Brent's hoodies. Then I wiped all of my makeup off, and I got into my bed.