Ch. 20 - Twin Fight & Panic Attacks

Sofia Carson is Hailey! Pic up top ^

I HAVE BEEN HIDING behind a bush for the last twenty minutes

I HAVE BEEN HIDING behind a bush for the last twenty minutes. I couldn't hear their conversation thanks to the wind. If somebody saw me, they would probably think I'm a creepy stalker.

I turned my walkie talkie off so they wouldn't hear it, and I don't think it's my place to tell Gavin about this. I don't like people telling people my secrets, so I refuse to do this to Gaberial.

"Gaberial!" Gavin's voice said, walking up to the courtyard the other side.

"Gavin? What the hell are you doing here?" Gaberial asked, standing up from the table.

"Me? What are you doing here? And who is this?" Gavin asked, looking at the mystery girl.

She cleared her throat before standing up. She walked where the two boys were, and she stuck her hand out.

"I'm Hailey, Gaberial's girlfriend. You must be Gavin," she said, friendly.

"Girlfriend? You two are together?" Gavin asked pointing between the two.

"Yes," Gaberial said.

There are two things that might happen.

1. Gavin is going to be happy.

Or....

2. Gavin is going to be upset.

I'm really hoping for number one. Gavin is silent for a minute before shaking her hand.

"It's nice to meet you," he said with a fake smile plastered on his face.

She returned the smile, and shook his hand.

"I have to get going, but it was so nice meeting you," Hailey said, grabbing her stuff.

"Bye, babe," Gaberial said, missing her cheek.

"Bye. I'll see you at lunch," she replied.

"Yeah."

Then she was gone. Gavin's smile was turned into a frown, and I could feel the tension between these two.

"Gavin-.." Gaberial started, but Gavin cut him off.

"You kept her a secret. From our family. From me. When I met Madison, you were the first person I told. We weren't even dating yet. And you decided not to tell me about Hailey. How long have you two been together?"

Gaberial mumbled,"For almost two months, but we didn't make it official until a month ago."

"Two months?! You could have told me. I was worried sick that you were in some sorta gambling shit or in a f*cking gang!" Gavin finally let the anger out.

I flinched at his voice, but I kept quiet.

"I don't have to tell you every little f*cking detail about my life!" Gaberial shot back.

Things were escalating and fast.

I took my phone out of my pocket, and I texted Nick.

Pls come out to the courtyard. Gavin and Gaberial are arguing and it's getting bad.

I slid my phone back in my pocket.

"That's what I'm for, you dumbass! I'm your brother. Your twin. You're suppose to tell me everything! What happened to that?!" Gavin said, pointing at Gaberial.

"Oh, please! You do not get to stand there and say that when you didn't tell me that Madison is moving! Or anybody for that matter!" Gaberial yelled back.

What? Madison is moving? But she didn't tell anybody.

Gavin looked taking back from this. "How did you find out about that?"

"Does it matter? What matters is that you aren't talking to me either. I guess we are both liars," Gaberial said.

Gavin moved closer to his twin brother, and he looked pissed. I knew exactly what was about to happen.

Before I knew it, I ran between them so Gavin wouldn't hit Gaberial.

"Campbell? What the hell are you doing here?" Gaberial asked, confused.

"Um..." I started but Gavin jumped in.

"I brought her. I asked her to help me," Gavin said, looking at his brother.

"You brought her?! She's only been here a month. She's not part of the family, and you're bringing her into this? She is a complete stranger, Gavin," Gaberial blurted out.

I could feel tears gather in my eyes, but I didn't let them look. How could he say that? Gaberial has always been light hearted, and he always there to make me laugh.

Gaberial's face soften as he realized what he said.

"Shit. Campbell," he started, but I shook my head.

"You're right. I'm not apart of this family. I'm a complete stranger. I haven't known y'all for long, but I still cared enough about you to come here to figure out what's wrong with you. My mistake," I said, looking at him.

Before he could say anything, I ran off, almost running into Nick. I ran into the school building, running to the bathroom.

Tears made their way down my face, and I wiped them away with my cardigan.

He's right. I'm not apart of this family. I never was apart of any family. The little family I did have, I destroyed.

My mother ran away because of me, and my father went to prison because of me. It's my fault.

All of it.

Now Gavin and Gaberial are fighting because of me. The Cade family ie going to be ruined all because of me.

It's my fault. It's my fault. Was playing over and over in my head.

My breathing started to become quick and uneven. My vision started to have little dots, and I gripped the sink with all of my strength.

"Campbell?" was the last thing I heard before darkness took over.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys! Things got heated in this chapter! Gaberial was mean when he told Campbell that. I know that this is a short chapter, but next chapter will be a filler.

Also, we made it to the twenties!! Yay!! I'm so happy!!

⭐️Vote & Comment ⭐️

Kensli